Apparently Rayman devs are not happy with the higher ups...

#51phineasfoolPosted 2/8/2013 8:14:18 AM
40Dribylf posted...
Anyone boycotting over this... I don't even know what to say. It isn't Ubi's fault the system is a graveyard. Yes, the delay is stupid, but the game will still be great, it won't become somehow worse due to the delay. You're just hurting the hardworking developers who have no say in this, and making Wii U look bad when yet another game underperforms.

Mmm, I wouldn't say I'm boycitting

Around that time, there will be better, more worthwhile games I'd rather spend $60 on. And then new consoles are coming out.

I had an itch in my pocket now. Come September, I'll be looking for, and buying, other things.

This is the reason I probably won't be buying it. In February there is only one other game I am getting, Metal Gear Rising. Come September I will be getting GTA V, most likely saving for the new consoles from MS and Sony, and Wind Waker HD will most likely be around then as well. The game has gone from a stand out game in Feb to just another game in Sept.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#52genlockPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:49 AM
Going Multiplat is a good business decision, but delaying the release of the WiiU version was dumb. This was the biggest WiiU game coming out this month. When has Rayman ever been the biggest game being released? Now they want to release it in September, after everyone see's the new 3D Mario... and could possibly have a release this year...

Listen to yourself. Waiting is smart. This is why films release everywhere at once - if the film is bad, you still get all the up front buyers. It being the biggest Wii game this month is completely irrelevant.

How is betraying your fans and employees a good business decision?

This is just flat ignorant, I am sorry. How is making more money betraying your employees? how is making it available to more fans betraying them?
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#53TerotrousPosted 2/8/2013 8:23:42 AM(edited)
genlock posted...
Listen to yourself. Waiting is smart. This is why films release everywhere at once - if the film is bad, you still get all the up front buyers. It being the biggest Wii game this month is completely irrelevant.

Films usually don't release everywhere at once, many films release in "select theatres" first and it takes a while to translate films into other languages. DVDs also don't come out at the same time as theatres, those release months later.

Also, if that is Ubisoft's reason, it makes it look like they don't have faith in the game being good.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#54sonicsonicPosted 2/8/2013 8:25:30 AM
genlock posted...
Going Multiplat is a good business decision, but delaying the release of the WiiU version was dumb. This was the biggest WiiU game coming out this month. When has Rayman ever been the biggest game being released? Now they want to release it in September, after everyone see's the new 3D Mario... and could possibly have a release this year...

Listen to yourself. There'll be far less upfront buyers if the other games on the market at the time are GTA5, Zelda and whatever is announced at E3. Also games aren't exactly like movies. They could have released the WiiU version now, got feedback from it, then applied these changes to the 360/PS3 version.

Being the biggest WiiU game this month is relevant, cause if I have a choice between Rayman or nothing I'm buying Rayman. If I have the choice between GTA, Zelda, Mario and Rayman. I ain't buying Rayman.
#55MegagunstarmanPosted 2/8/2013 8:27:19 AM(edited)
I feel really bad for all the devs who worked their asses off to get the game ready a soon as possible. They got screwed over with this BS.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#56LinktoDrinkPosted 2/8/2013 8:27:36 AM
genlock posted...

How is betraying your fans and employees a good business decision?

This is just flat ignorant, I am sorry. How is making more money betraying your employees? how is making it available to more fans betraying them?

You're ignorant of what ignorant means, pal. They won't be making more money. I can promise you that. You're living in a fantasy world.
#57genlockPosted 2/8/2013 8:31:52 AM
Films usually don't release everywhere at once, many films release in "select theatres" first and it takes a while to translate films into other languages. DVDs also don't come out at the same time as theatres, those release months later.

We aren't talking localizations here. And select theater films are those in which the industry has less confidence. They are not premier titles. And you must be absolutely kidding trying to draw out DVD as relevant.

Listen to yourself. There'll be far less upfront buyers if the other games on the market at the time are GTA5, Zelda and whatever is announced at E3. Also games aren't exactly like movies. They could have released the WiiU version now, got feedback from it, then applied these changes to the 360/PS3 version.

Flat out wrong. A smaller percentage of a much bigger audience is still more sales. And yes they aren;t exactly alike, it's a freakin metaphor to try to illustrate something you can't seem to grasp. And changes is not what they would get from bad feedback - they'd get lost sales.

It's really stunning. It's as if people think this decision was made to deliberately slight Wii owners.

Also, if that is Ubisoft's reason, it makes it look like they don't have faith in the game being good.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#58guttertalkPosted 2/8/2013 8:48:20 AM
cavebear56 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How dare they do all that hard work for free!

What? They get paid to work on the game? Oh.

Really it is this.

Unless they don't get paid until the game releases, or they aren't paid extra for making ports for the PS3/360 then that IS an issue as somehow I highly doubt they make money off of "games sold". (I have no idea, I work in business but not in game development. I just crunch numbers in a tedious and mind numbing existence).

The feelings of the dev team is irrelevant. This comes off purely as a way to try and appeal to the sympathy of those that are now choosing not to buy the game.

Ubisoft is handling this moronically. No bleeding heart story from the devs will change this fact. To the devs (assuming in a naive way that the post was sincere) hope they learn from it.

As I have good friends who are game devs, Ubisoft is most likely screwing them out of money. The dev was trying to tell gamers not to boycott the game, especially if they have different teams for the different platforms (which is most likely the case for the Wii U version). It is fairly common for devs to get paid based on milestones, with the release being a big milestone as makes sense. Then, there might be additional payouts for sales numbers or Metacritic ratings.

So, no, they most likely have NOT been paid for all the late work they did to get it ready for release. And by delaying the Wii U release, there's a chance to hurt those sales numbers and thus affect their pay. In fact, a significant chunk of the studio's money can come after the release. In particular, one dev studio that a couple of friends worked for developed a sequel to a popular game for a well known franchise. The publisher had a licensing dispute and the release was screwed. The devs lost expected money as a result and put the studio at risk.

Don't mouth off about something you don't understand.
#59TerotrousPosted 2/8/2013 8:50:04 AM
genlock posted...
We aren't talking localizations here. And select theater films are those in which the industry has less confidence. They are not premier titles. And you must be absolutely kidding trying to draw out DVD as relevant.

How are DVDs not relevant? If a movie is considered to be crap in theaters, it won't sell well on DVD. They could theoretically get around this by releasing the DVD on the same day as theatres but they don't because they know they'd make less money this way.

Seems very analogous to me.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#60sonicsonicPosted 2/8/2013 8:54:14 AM
genlock posted...

Flat out wrong. A smaller percentage of a much bigger audience is still more sales. And yes they aren;t exactly alike, it's a freakin metaphor to try to illustrate something you can't seem to grasp. And changes is not what they would get from bad feedback - they'd get lost sales.

It's really stunning. It's as if people think this decision was made to deliberately slight Wii owners.

A lot of people are disagreeing with you. I think you are completely missing my point. They should make the game multiplatform, but delaying the WiiU version doesn't help.

I don't know what else to say...

If you think Rayman will sell better on the WiiU after all the big announcements of E3. Which is tipped to have 3D Mario playable hinting to a release this year. The king of platforming... against Rayman. King of 2nd tier platformers...