The one step plan to save the Wii U. Nintendo Badges

#31MotiJrPosted 2/8/2013 10:47:53 AM(edited)
It is well known here that I hate the idea of achievements but you may have actually swayed me. If achievements can be given for actual accomplishments as opposed to completing the tutorial, I would be on board. Also, I would require that achievements provide an actual reward for example, items for Miis as you have stated. If they are implemented like this and provide in game unlocks, then I wouldn't mind.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#32nintendo3000Posted 2/8/2013 10:56:15 AM
If its not something like in game achievements than yeah.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#33RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:21:26 PM
I received a reply from someone at Nintendo.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us about what you'd like to see in the future. I can certainly understand your interest in seeing a badge-type system that would reward players and could cross over to Club Nintendo. I'll make sure that your desire to see this type of program implemented will be forwarded, so your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the type of achievement system on our consoles, we do take all feedback into consideration.

You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly at work developing new and exciting feature and game ideas. Keep checking our website's "What's New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Karen Johnson
Nintendo of America Inc.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#34Retro ManPosted 2/9/2013 4:30:36 PM
Canned response.

While I think the idea is awesome, the problem is implementing it. That's a lot of bits of code floating around, not to mention that if eshop points are involved, you need to make sure there's no way the users can some-how hack their way into illegally obtaining everything off the eshop!

However, would be nice if they did this.
---
Playing: Nothing. Damn work!
Own/Use: PSV, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, 360, HTC One X, iPod Touch
#35iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 4:31:22 PM
Maybe, but it sounds too similar to achievements, a pointless console feature that people love for some obscure reason.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#36RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:39:47 PM
Retro Man posted...
Canned response.

While I think the idea is awesome, the problem is implementing it. That's a lot of bits of code floating around, not to mention that if eshop points are involved, you need to make sure there's no way the users can some-how hack their way into illegally obtaining everything off the eshop!

However, would be nice if they did this.

Meh, she's pushing the issue forward!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#37RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:40:08 PM
iKhanic posted...
Maybe, but it sounds too similar to achievements, a pointless console feature that people love for some obscure reason.

That's sort of the point, EVERYONE loves it.
---
#38_Sovereign_Posted 2/9/2013 6:48:36 PM
I always figured Nintendo would be the first to incorporate Club Nintendo coins with a form of "achievement" system ( which was the original concept for gamerscore) and would love to see this come to fruition.

I think the points themselves should be private, whereas a badge associated with a certain rank be placed beside your Mii instead. The reason I prefer Trophies is only because of the percentage statistic rather than an odd number.

Maybe have them similar to Battlefield 3, where your "tag" is modifiable, so rank is more or less what you put into something specific rather than a set milestone ( i.e. 100 hrs of multiplayer in your game of choice as compared to 100,000 gamerscore). This way, one doesn't farm hundreds of crappy games just to reach that and instead plays something they enjoy.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#39diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 6:52:02 PM
RahzarX posted...
The way Microsoft has gamerscore, Nintendo adds badges. Tokens of "achievement" you get for designed challenges that developers put into their games. It earns you "Merit Points" aka MP. The badges would be displayed on cards of a level rank you can get to. So for every 10 badges you get a new card. (Like Ni No Kuni) At each rank you unlock custom things for your Mii. Every card would display either some cool awesome drawing from Nintendo or whatever. (EX. You have 10518, you're a Level 1 New Player)

Whatever the Card was would be your background when you turn on the console. Nintendo could use this to show us really cool art that gets done inside the studio that we just never see. You can redeem earn Club Nintendo points for every 10,000 points for 100 club coins or perhaps more Mii clothing. They should advertise the Club Nintendo points heavily, people would really dig that they could actually get physical things with their gameplay.

Waddya think?

That sounds awesome. So if I am a boss at ZombiU, I could have my Mii walk around with a cricket bat, or whatever.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#40Warmonger222Posted 2/9/2013 7:15:40 PM
Sent this to joystiq. I dont care for achievements at all, but this needs to be implemented.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios