What was/is your favorite Wii game.

#21Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/8/2013 7:15:02 AM
Rune Factory Frontier

That game had a stranglehold over me. That's the game that shattered my addiction to World of Warcraft. I played through I think three or four times, each time with 100+ hours of play. I'll probably play more of it some time, but I'm currently playing Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, which is decent, but disappointing by comparison.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#22wingo84Posted 2/8/2013 7:15:32 AM
Xenoblade
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#23PedroMontanaPosted 2/8/2013 7:21:50 AM
Sin & Punishment Star Successor

But i have to say, i also had unforgettable experiences with:

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
No More Heroes 1&2
MadWorld
Xenoblade
The Last Story

These and some others are Wii games i'll always consider classics.
---
No More Heroes
#24bleedingelitePosted 2/8/2013 7:56:43 AM
From what I've played so far, Fishing Resort is amazing. The best fishing game ever made.
Xenoblade Chronicles is great, but I kinda wish it had a more action-based combat system.
Smash Bros. is awesome, of course.

I still have The Last Story on my coffee table, unopened, but I've been too busy with Assassins Creed III to play it yet.
#25bleedingelitePosted 2/8/2013 7:57:28 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Rune Factory Frontier

That game had a stranglehold over me. That's the game that shattered my addiction to World of Warcraft. I played through I think three or four times, each time with 100+ hours of play. I'll probably play more of it some time, but I'm currently playing Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, which is decent, but disappointing by comparison.

I played a few hours of Tides of Destiny, but couldn't get into it. What makes Frontier better?
#26sketchturnerPosted 2/8/2013 8:13:43 AM
Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Although if you are talking about Wii exclusives I am not sure the Trilogy should count since the two best games are last-gen ports.

Rayman Origins
If you mean a game that originally came out on Wii. But of course that was multi-platform, so maybe that doesn't count either.

Metroid:Other M.
If you mean a game only on the Wii.
---
Now Playing:Bio-Miracle, Blackthorne, Blast Corps, Body Harvest, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye
#27Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/8/2013 8:30:52 AM(edited)
bleedingelite posted...
I played a few hours of Tides of Destiny, but couldn't get into it. What makes Frontier better?

Better environments, more diverse/likable/interesting characters (protagonist included), no annoying ***** in your head yelling about this and that, better crafting system, better story (though I'm only at the beginning of the Fire Shrine in ToD), tons of things to do even without the ToD job board, better music, 2D character portraits in conversations, dungeons are better designed, larger monster barn (max of 70 monsters), a field that you actually farm on, eventually being able to largely automate with monsters... I could go on and on.

Honorable mentions to Tsubute and the Chicken-gryphon.

RFF was a masterpiece. ToD is practically shovelware by comparison IMO. Initial disappointment stopped me from playing ToD until recently, despite buying it at release.

One thing to look out for though, ignoring the Runey System ruined the game for some players (I never had a problem with it), so it would be a good idea to look into a guide on that aspect of the game
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#28pancakegr8Posted 2/8/2013 8:48:12 AM
Dragonwarriordude posted...
Brawl or Mario Kart.

This. To me, Brawl and Mario kart have some huge flaws. But the way in which they both play keeps things interesting despite that.
---
I apologize if I am in error...
#29AwesomePerson99Posted 2/8/2013 8:50:30 AM
Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles.
#30mashuPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:16 AM
Xenoblade for sure. Easily.