which point in time should the next legend of zelda take place

#11hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:10:05 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
Anything is possible with imagination! And permission from Miyamoto! But mostly imagination!

but hopefully he plans to fill all these gaps
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#12hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:11:04 PM
alot of ppl want early before OOT

but wierd that currently winning is the depressing age or terror where hyrule is stuck in the dark ages a true depressing horror
---
#13Elmdor043Posted 2/8/2013 2:36:39 PM
I'd like the Imprisoning War so LttP has a better start than the end of OoT. That won't happen though as I don't recall a Link being mentioned in it and without Link, it's not happening.

With that not happening, I'd like another FS game or WW timeline game. Since the FS was introduced before OoT, it can appear in any of the timelines so they could revive the fail timeline with that since I assume Ganon is officially dead as of Zelda 2.

Or maybe they make up some 4th timeline where Ganon and Link both die in the OoT battle and some new evil (other than Vaati) comes lol.
---
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/elmdor043/Goerges-gif-2.gif
#14KroganBallEaterPosted 2/8/2013 2:40:36 PM
I think Hyrule Historia's manga would be a great game.

Start out as King Link (or General Link or whatever he is) and show the assassination of this guy, a cutscene showing Link thrown in prison, timeskip, epic battle, link dies, END.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#15hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:15:53 PM
Elmdor043 posted...
I'd like the Imprisoning War so LttP has a better start than the end of OoT. That won't happen though as I don't recall a Link being mentioned in it and without Link, it's not happening.

With that not happening, I'd like another FS game or WW timeline game. Since the FS was introduced before OoT, it can appear in any of the timelines so they could revive the fail timeline with that since I assume Ganon is officially dead as of Zelda 2.

Or maybe they make up some 4th timeline where Ganon and Link both die in the OoT battle and some new evil (other than Vaati) comes lol.

many years pass between oot and alttp

also oot ending does lead to that time line only if link dies

and no zelda 2 is not his death its only preventing his revival again theres also more and also that time line doesent have vaati like the one with tp so he still can revive

the new hyrule one the four sword and vati are lost under the sea
---
#16AwayFromHerePosted 2/8/2013 7:16:47 PM
5,000 years after the latest game in the series.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#17hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:21:09 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

if you mean skyward sword then that would be either between ss and mc or mc and oot the latter being the hyrule cival war

if you mean after the farthest in time well the timeline splits so after zelda 2 4 swords adventures or spirit tracks
---
#18hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:36:13 AM
now everyone wants to see a civil war and stuff farther in the shadow era

currently in the shadow era

gannondorf is dead since twilight princess
vaati and gannon were both recently sealed from 4 swords adventures
majoras mask has been lost from mm

so theres a opening for a new evil to appear
---
#19Oni_TaedoPosted 2/9/2013 8:40:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20Muljo StphoPosted 2/9/2013 10:00:11 AM
hydrocrush posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

if you mean skyward sword then that would be either between ss and mc or mc and oot the latter being the hyrule cival war

if you mean after the farthest in time well the timeline splits so after zelda 2 4 swords adventures or spirit tracks

Perhaps we need to clarify what we're all assuming the passage of time between games to be like here. I give them hundreds of years between all current major points on the timeline (except TWW/PH -> ST which is of course known to be exactly 100 years). I've seen people assume no more than 100 years between them, mostly because of a minor mistranslation of something the developers said once. But you seem to be willing to give them thousands of years between titles. 5000 years after SS, and you think there's a chance that that would only get as far as just before TMC?

SS -> TMC -> FS -> OoT
Three gaps of time. I'd estimate that as anywhere from 900 to 2700 years total between SS and OoT.

OoT -> flood story -> TWW/PH -> ST
Three gaps (a significant amount of time seems to pass before and after the flood), but the length of the last one is known. I'd estimate anywhere from 700 to 1900 years total between OoT and ST.

OoT/MM -> TP -> FSA
Two gaps. I'd estimate anywhere from 600 to 1800 years total between OoT/MM and FSA.

OoT -> LttP/Oracles/LA -> AoL's backstory -> LoZ/AoL
Three gaps (assuming a significant amount of time passes before and after AoL's backstory). I'd estimate anywhere from 900 to 2700 years total between OoT and LoZ/AoL.

From just after SS to any currently known end of the timeline would total anywhere from 1500 years with my low estimates (900+600) to 5400 years with my high estimates (2700+2700).

Although I'd prefer to just take the averages of my numbers. So let's call it 1800 years from SS to OoT, 1300 years from OoT to ST, 1200 years from OoT/MM to FSA, and 1800 years from OoT to LoZ/AoL. So maybe somewhere between 3000 and 3600 years from just after SS to any end of the timeline. With that estimate, saying "5000 years after SS" would overshoot everything by a lot regardless of which split you look at.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby