So Microsoft is a big reason Wii U Rayman Legends is delayed

#1pbandjamesPosted 2/7/2013 8:29:06 PM
According to Microsoft policy, they reserve the right to refuse games from being on their systems if they've been released before on another system. They also can and often do refuse games that have more content on another version compared to the 360 version.

So, Ubisoft probably could have released the Wii U version and then ported it to the PS3 later, but because they want it on the 360 as well (which, if it's coming to PS3, might as well) they have to play by Microsoft's forceful rules. And Microsoft actually follows through on these things.

Essentially, it's most likely Microsoft's fault that this is not a timed exclusive, and that you can't play Legends in three weeks. Ubisoft is still to blame for this random travesty of marketing as well, but Microsoft hammered in the coffin nails.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

That article contains the policy straight from the horse's mouth. Interesting stuff. Anyway, discuss.
---
Game news is the best news.
#2LifelessBoyPosted 2/7/2013 8:30:42 PM
Ok here it comes...

**** M$

I hate M$

M$ can suck my ****

M$ M$ M$ M$!!!

Get it out of your system boys!
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#3b1gt0nePosted 2/7/2013 8:31:54 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Ok here it comes...

**** M$

I hate M$

M$ can suck my ****

M$ M$ M$ M$!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you,,,,,,,,,,,, I needed that. *catches breath*
#4geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 8:34:03 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Ok here it comes...

**** M$

I hate M$

M$ can suck my ****

M$ M$ M$ M$!!!

Agreed
---
Sweet
#5ADHDguitarPosted 2/7/2013 8:35:24 PM
Wow.

Microsoft?

More like Microdamnyouforcausingmeaminorinconvenience

amiritegaiz?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6HeroC114Posted 2/7/2013 8:36:31 PM
Kinect features on Rayman Legends on 360.

The Kinect is the worst piece of trash I've ever used. I own one, and its best feature is its voice recognition software... which is terrible at voice recognition.

Microsoft is smart to do this though. Ubisoft is incredibly smart to do this. What's a few months time difference when you can get a greater potential in total sales across platforms? Ubisoft already knows Nintendo fans rarely bat an eye at 3rd party games.

Might as well sell where it's appreciated right?
#7DiscostewSMPosted 2/7/2013 8:36:32 PM
Anyone remember what I said about having more respect for MS now than I did for Sony? Well, I take that back wholeheartedly. Screw you Microsoft!
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8Beatperson14Posted 2/7/2013 8:37:23 PM
*rolls eyes*

I'm sure it's not because of that huge ass crowd of U owners
#9b1gt0nePosted 2/7/2013 8:37:39 PM
The best part will be when it hardly sells on the 360.
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/7/2013 8:38:07 PM
Microsoft put Joe Danger on XBL years after it was on PSN, so they broke their rule at least once. Then that game went back to PSN with extra content, so I guess MS might be harder on that rule from now own.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.