So Microsoft is a big reason Wii U Rayman Legends is delayed

#31NinjaGamer_23Posted 2/7/2013 10:47:34 PM
vita version of rayman origins had a couple thngs added on that version the other consoles didn't get.
#32AhnoldDoodPosted 2/7/2013 10:48:14 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
Microsoft's insane policy aside, why do they need 7 months to port this over?

Maybe to add extra content on PS3/360 to compensate for no touchpad control, dunno.

Even if that is true (and it probably is), I doubt that it'll take 7 months.
#33DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:17 PM(edited)
pbandjames posted...
According to Microsoft policy, they reserve the right to refuse games from being on their systems if they've been released before on another system. They also can and often do refuse games that have more content on another version compared to the 360 version.

So, Ubisoft probably could have released the Wii U version and then ported it to the PS3 later, but because they want it on the 360 as well (which, if it's coming to PS3, might as well) they have to play by Microsoft's forceful rules. And Microsoft actually follows through on these things.

Essentially, it's most likely Microsoft's fault that this is not a timed exclusive, and that you can't play Legends in three weeks. Ubisoft is still to blame for this random travesty of marketing as well, but Microsoft hammered in the coffin nails.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

That article contains the policy straight from the horse's mouth. Interesting stuff. Anyway, discuss.

I honestly can't believe so many are only just hearing of this now.

This is an ancient policy that has blocked many a game before and usually it's a European thing as they refused to let Retro City Rampage hit the EU PSN until it hit the EU Live Arcade, despite being on the P.C AND the NA PSN.

I absolutely hate this about them and have slammed them for years, so I'm shocked that this is news so late into its existence.
#34silverbulltPosted 2/7/2013 11:36:25 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
pbandjames posted...
According to Microsoft policy, they reserve the right to refuse games from being on their systems if they've been released before on another system. They also can and often do refuse games that have more content on another version compared to the 360 version.

So, Ubisoft probably could have released the Wii U version and then ported it to the PS3 later, but because they want it on the 360 as well (which, if it's coming to PS3, might as well) they have to play by Microsoft's forceful rules. And Microsoft actually follows through on these things.

Essentially, it's most likely Microsoft's fault that this is not a timed exclusive, and that you can't play Legends in three weeks. Ubisoft is still to blame for this random travesty of marketing as well, but Microsoft hammered in the coffin nails.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

That article contains the policy straight from the horse's mouth. Interesting stuff. Anyway, discuss.

This is an ancient policy that has blocked many a game before and usually it's a European thing as they refused to let Retro City Rampage hit the EU PSN until it hit the EU Live Arcade, despite being on the P.C AND the NA PSN.

I absolutely hate this about them and have slammed them for years, so I'm shocked that this is news so late into its existence.

SONY has the exact same policy.
But hey, lets hate on MS only...
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#35geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 11:37:33 PM
silverbullt posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
pbandjames posted...

Butthurt.?
---
Sweet
#36DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/7/2013 11:43:26 PM
silverbullt posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
pbandjames posted...

MS enforce it, a lot. Sony, don't.

Because Sony seem to care more about getting the games in the end, like Castle Crashers, Limbo and a ton of others that I had on my 360 way before they hit the PSN.

Whereas MS have blocked fully completed games (sound familiar?) from being released on the PSN because the dev said they wanted a 360 port and after meeting with MS they were told that they could release simultaneously or not at all.

There was a game in the last 18 months I was stoked for and had to wait another 6 because of this.

Oh and by the way, I'm not some rampant 360 hater, I have all systems so this probably affects people like me more often than it affects just 1 system owner which is why I hate the rule as much.

For proof (should you require it) see my GOW vids where I gush over how much I love the system and the series.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DEIVION212?feature=mhee
#37DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/7/2013 11:46:56 PM
geneticsftw posted...

Butthurt.?

Am I the only one on the net who thinks this pathetic insult is EXTREMELY homophobic?

I especially think it's hilarious that people do it before the guy can have a chance to do a reply, it's almost like the pathetic "first" posts of insults, that people think that getting it in before someone defends themselves then blows the following defence out of the water because how could anything be credible after such a witty insult?
#38geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 11:48:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3950inchDLPPosted 2/8/2013 1:14:30 AM
MS is a rotten CANCER to gaming. I swear to GOD they will bring the next crash.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#40TheBonfiniPosted 2/8/2013 1:36:51 AM
It can be anyone you can imagine, as long as you don't place any blame at all on the corporation with billions of dollars in the bank and has released a few successful consoles in the past.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg