Remember the Nintendo 64 launch?

#1ChronoCactaurPosted 2/7/2013 10:11:18 PM
Man, I sure had some good times with Super Mario 64 and... ummm... uhh?

Well hey there was Star Fox!... in summer 1997... oh but what about Mario Kart 64 in Q1 1997? That was only a... 5 month wait...

Wow, unless you really loved Super Mario 64 (And/or Pilotwings), those guys were STARVED. Good thing they had a SNES because that got Kirby's Dream Land 3 in 1997 as well.

Say, doesn't Pandora's Tower come out in Spring 2013 for the regular Wii? That might be something!... yeah okay I tried. :(
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG
#2sythieriusPosted 2/7/2013 10:17:09 PM
I liked playing DK64 and Goldeneye on my PS1 also. Good thing Rare sold out.
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/7/2013 10:19:57 PM
sythierius posted...

That didn't help N64 sell much better either. Good thing Nintendo sold out to Microsoft's money and let them buy rare. But of course, you won't blame Nintendo for that, because that's not what fanboys do.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#4geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:19 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
sythierius posted...

That didn't help N64 sell much better either. Good thing Nintendo sold out to Microsoft's money and let them buy rare. But of course, you won't blame Nintendo for that, because that's not what fanboys do.

You tell them chriss
---
Sweet
#5TheRaging_GamerPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:40 PM
i was satisfied with Super Mario 64, Killer Instinct Gold and Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire when I got my N64.
#6sythieriusPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:45 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
sythierius posted...

Nintendo was dying from the gamecube. Maybe nobody remembers they almost went under. They had to sell Rare. And they were taking a huge risk with the Wii.
#7ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:22:01 PM
Whoa, what is this now?

I'm tyring to calm everybody down and you guys are bringing up the RarewareXMicrosoft Fiasco!

Given, that was definitely one of the worst news I received when I read the game magazines in 2002.
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG
#8STN79Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:53 PM
Yeah in those early days N64 really sucked. After Mario 64 i went back to Snes until about 98 when Ocarina came out. The third party support was terrible then. Actually not looking real good with Wii U either.
#9THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/7/2013 10:50:07 PM
Nintendo 64 3rd party did suck badly.

BUT if you were smart about what to get you'd know how to make the best of times back then.

Always go for anything colorful
Nintendo and Rare were always good stuff most of the time
Get the Wrestling games from AKI
Buy Ogre Battle 64 Goemon Pipe Ninja 64 ( The best mistake I ever made)
Have a PS1 on stand-by

I actually had alot of fun with my 64 because I alway had 3-4 players around. Mario Party and Mario Kart were awesome on 64 before they got watered-down to death.

My whole first year was just KI Gold, Starfox 64, Bomberman 64 and Mario Kart 64
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/7/2013 10:51:50 PM
sythierius posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
sythierius posted...

Nintendo was dying from the gamecube. Maybe nobody remembers they almost went under. They had to sell Rare. And they were taking a huge risk with the Wii.

Because the Nintendo-only hypocrites only talk about the Wii selling the most consoles. They ignore that N64 was a poor seller, Gamecube was a total flop, and that Nintendo was the nightmare of 3rd parties for the longest time. They ignore that Nintendo abandoned the Wii right after Skyward Sword released, and only localized Xenoblade when GameStop helped pay for it.

They are quick to bash MS over Rare though, or Capcom over the latest news that Nintendo's own servers will make MH3U region-locked. How that makes sense, even to fanboys, is beyond me.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.