Remember the Nintendo 64 launch?

#31Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:13:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
If being able to be transported in a bag makes it portable... then I guess we can carry a console, TV, and generator in a bag and call it a portable.

Except the thing about the VB is that at best you have the Goggles(Console) a controller, and either batteries/pack/ac adapter and you are good to go. With things like TVs or consoles you need actual cables which is why those aren't considered portable because you mainly need some sort of power supply. With something like the VB you can have it run off batteries.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#32Wario_manPosted 2/7/2013 11:14:31 PM
So companies shouldn't learn from their mistakes? Its okay to have a crappy launch and subsequent months because they/other companies did decades ago? Okay..
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#33Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:16:35 PM
GloryChaos posted...
It always hurts to see baha argue. Because even when I agree with him (Re-purchasing Vc games.), I am always reminded of how badly he argues for anything.

Ehh I might have off days in arguments but this is one of those times where Icecream is making himself look really foolish in not understanding what portable means.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#34IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:45 PM
If being able to be transported in a bag makes it portable... then I guess we can carry a console, TV, and generator in a bag and call it a portable.

Except the thing about the VB is that at best you have the Goggles(Console) a controller, and either batteries/pack/ac adapter and you are good to go. With things like TVs or consoles you need actual cables which is why those aren't considered portable because you mainly need some sort of power supply. With something like the VB you can have it run off batteries.

You can run consoles and TVs off of batteries too. You do know what batteries are, right?
#35Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:19:10 PM
You can run consoles and TVs off of batteries too. You do know what batteries are, right?

It would be costly to run them off batteries. Hell even having a generator would be costly. That's why home consoles and tvs aren't portable. Because you generally aren't going to be moving them constantly unless you have a damn good amount of money to blow on having a portable home console.
---
#36IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/7/2013 11:21:19 PM

It would be costly to run them off batteries. Hell even having a generator would be costly. That's why home consoles and tvs aren't portable. Because you generally aren't going to be moving them constantly unless you have a damn good amount of money to blow on having a portable home console.

According to your definition they are portable, still.
#37Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:24:35 PM
According to your definition they are portable, still.

Mmmm no because they are by default something you primarily need to have plugged in running of electricity from outlets. While they can run off battery/generators it doesn't make them portable because of there needing to be a setup in some way.

A VB however is designed to be portable, granted it's horrible as a portable but it's still designed in a way that it's mainly a portable device.
---
#38IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/7/2013 11:25:31 PM
A Virtual Boy needs to be setup to run as well, it also uses batteries or an outlet...
#39GdboyratedloudPosted 2/7/2013 11:26:55 PM
64 sold near SNES numbers and its considered a flop lol

3 home console flops lol

VB a home console lol

someone get Chris a tissue...

someone get Senor a brain...
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#40Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:27:47 PM
A Virtual Boy needs to be setup to run as well, it also uses batteries or an outlet...

Not really, you place it on the table and plug in the controller and turn it on. TVs and consoles you have to plug them into a power source, hook up various cables, hook up other possible devices, and make sure you have the set up the way you want it to be. Hence why they aren't portable.
---