Remember the Nintendo 64 launch?

#41GdboyratedloudPosted 2/8/2013 12:28:59 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
sythierius posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
sythierius posted...
I liked playing DK64 and Goldeneye on my PS1 also. Good thing Rare sold out.

That didn't help N64 sell much better either. Good thing Nintendo sold out to Microsoft's money and let them buy rare. But of course, you won't blame Nintendo for that, because that's not what fanboys do.

Nintendo was dying from the gamecube. Maybe nobody remembers they almost went under. They had to sell Rare. And they were taking a huge risk with the Wii.

Because the Nintendo-only hypocrites only talk about the Wii selling the most consoles. They ignore that N64 was a poor seller, Gamecube was a total flop, and that Nintendo was the nightmare of 3rd parties for the longest time. They ignore that Nintendo abandoned the Wii right after Skyward Sword released, and only localized Xenoblade when GameStop helped pay for it.

They are quick to bash MS over Rare though, or Capcom over the latest news that Nintendo's own servers will make MH3U region-locked. How that makes sense, even to fanboys, is beyond me.

came here to vent huh? If I lived a pathetic life like you I'd go on forums to take out my frustration as well. This topic is about the NINTENDO 64.

Get over your DELUSIONAL Nintendo hate
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#42Starwars4JPosted 2/8/2013 12:29:27 AM
lmao, and Senior fails again. Granted he most likely forgot about the VB and only claimed it was what he meant after someone else brought it up...probably because not being able to count embarrassed him.

Make whatever arguments you want Senior old boy, the VB was a portable console.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#43IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/8/2013 12:30:38 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
A Virtual Boy needs to be setup to run as well, it also uses batteries or an outlet...

Not really, you place it on the table and plug in the controller and turn it on. TVs and consoles you have to plug them into a power source, hook up various cables, hook up other possible devices, and make sure you have the set up the way you want it to be. Hence why they aren't portable.

So, because it takes a few extra steps it is now not portable? lol. It takes many steps to find something stable enough for the VB to play on, which you'd know if you had used one.
#44Baha05Posted 2/8/2013 12:33:20 AM
So, because it takes a few extra steps it is now not portable? lol. It takes many steps to find something stable enough for the VB to play on, which you'd know if you had used one.

It's not a few extra steps to hook up a TV and various other devices. Pretty much once you hook up a TV the TV stays put until you either have to replace it, move, or have the thing stolen.

Also it's called a table, place VB on table and done.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#45IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/8/2013 12:40:46 AM
So, we have to take our VB places with tables?

And what about small TVs?

How about this truck I saw, with a project screen on the back and system all hooked up inside of it? Does that make it portable now?
#46geneticsftwPosted 2/8/2013 12:42:55 AM

How about this truck I saw, with a project screen on the back and system all hooked up inside of it? Does that make it portable now?

No, that makes it a waste of a truck.
---
Sweet
#47Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/8/2013 12:44:58 AM
People back in the N64 days didn't get bored of games as fast as ppl do now.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#48Baha05Posted 2/8/2013 12:46:28 AM

Anywhere with a flat surface would do, kinda obvious what with the stand.

And depends on the TV, because there are such things as portable TVs, if you are talking just small tvs in general those aren't portable devices, just really small TVs.

And depends on what kind of projector we are talking about.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#49IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/8/2013 12:48:19 AM
Lol, you are making this definition for a portable extremely complicated.
#50Baha05Posted 2/8/2013 12:50:17 AM
Lol, you are making this definition for a portable extremely complicated.

No you just aren't understanding that the VB is a portable device, there exists a lot of portable devices including some TVs, radios, grills, fridges, etc. Normal TVs and especially game consoles are not considered a portable device.
---