the wiiU harvesting is a GOOD thing. seriously, hear me out.

#1grandabxPosted 2/7/2013 10:50:41 PM
With all of the problems nintendo is facing with the wiiU, they have ABSOLUTELY no other choice but to make the BEST software they can. NO-OTHER-CHOICE!

no more half@ssed versions of games like animal crossing and punchout. they don't have the casual market to allow them to stick to making basic/simplistic games anymore. the core crowd is the ONLY thing that's going to save them at this point.

think about what they have to go against in 2013:

*ps360(better online, more hd space, more, better & cheaper games) in the early part of 2013.

*ps4/720, ouya, nvidia's console, steambox and a bunch of other mobile devices sprinkled all over the rest of the year.

*3rd party developers calling them irrelevent(pretty much).

stockholders aren't happy and nintendo's reputation is on the line. it's their biggest challenge ever.

if they've not lost their minds completely, expect software of high quality that may even seem like survival of the fittest at this point. quality you wouldn't even expect from them.
#2Banjo2553Posted 2/7/2013 11:01:28 PM
Yeah, but it'll be yet another system that only stays afloat because of Nintendo's games. Was kinda hoping this wouldn't happen again. :/
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/7/2013 11:05:44 PM
I kinda agree. Smartphones stole the casual market and no console maker can afford to sell 99 cent games. They damn sure can't afford to give them away everyday like iOS/Android either.

Nintendo's "innovation" bites them as much as it helps them.
Developer's have to pay people to recode games to make use of the gamepad, and not allowing it to go blank means the devs have to put something there no matter what.

If the games just use a map or inventory, gamers will call them "too lazy" to find a fun use of the gamepad. If they ignore the Wii U, gamers still call them "too lazy" to just put an image on the gamepad and use the buttons. They can't win. Then if the game doesn't sell, gamers will blame the devs for not making the game as good as it should have been. Then those devs risk closure if they continue to support a console where their games don't perform well.

Iwata admitted that they at Nintendo didn't know how to make HD games for Wii U, but to announce a console in 2010 and not have any first party games for its opening months in 2012/2013 is pathetic. Why didn't they work with 3rd party devs sooner to get some ideas of how to use their own console and have something, anything, ready for month 2 and/or month 3?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#4goemon1977Posted 2/7/2013 11:06:37 PM
True TC, but this could go another horrible way....I'm talking about rushed games. Right now over at their HQ they are probably trying to see which games they can rush out the door to fill in this bleak release window they have for the next 6 months or more. This could actually backfire on all of us.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#5grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:27:34 PM
goemon1977 posted...
True TC, but this could go another horrible way....I'm talking about rushed games. Right now over at their HQ they are probably trying to see which games they can rush out the door to fill in this bleak release window they have for the next 6 months or more. This could actually backfire on all of us.

not really rushed, but they are going to have to put more man-power on development teams and have to actually buy some games. maybe even buy a 3rd party. i'm surprised they didn't go after any THQ properties that were being sold.
#6grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:33:41 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Yeah, but it'll be yet another system that only stays afloat because of Nintendo's games. Was kinda hoping this wouldn't happen again. :/

that's all you can realy hope at this point. they chose to spend money on a controller no one uses instead of adding more power for the long term. they seriously wasn't thinking about the long term and were just scared of stockholders and literally threw this console out. they should've been making software for it. i t wasn't like they were doing anything with the wii. over two years twidling their thumbs i guess.