Activision disappointed with the launch of Wii U

#1SteamedRicePosted 2/7/2013 11:27:02 PM
http://kotaku.com/5982657/activision-is-somewhat-disappointed-with-the-launch-of-the-wii-u

"During the company's latest earnings call, Kotick was asked about the future of the money-printing Skylanders franchise, specifically about the breakdown of install bases between the existing consoles. He replied "we were somewhat disappointed with the launch of the Wii U. We're concerned about the install base for 6-11 year-olds"."

they had cod, transformers, skylanders, and 007 on Wii U.
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/7/2013 11:38:46 PM
That's no surprise being that Nintendo themselves are disappointed with the sales so far.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3pearl arowanaPosted 2/8/2013 2:20:46 AM(edited)
all the impluse buyer and drones are getting wii u one day one..

now its pretty obvious the regular gamers seem uninterested with wii u.. currentt weekly sales figure.. the 8 years old console ps360 are trashing wii sales pretty bad.. many people think wii u is not an upgrade from ps360.. right so seeing wii u power is pretty much on par with ps360..
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#4PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:12 AM
Welp there goes Activision support :/

Dont get me wrong, Im not a huge fan of there franchises such as CoD, but losing support from the biggest 3rd party dev around cant be a good thing.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5geneticsftwPosted 2/8/2013 2:39:05 AM
it's the console's potential for Skylanders that has Bobby Kotick and co. worried.
---
Sweet
#6SocranPosted 2/8/2013 2:59:52 AM
SteamedRice posted...
We're concerned about the install base for 6-11 year-olds"."

For the record, he was specifically referring to Skylanders. And the full quote was something more along the lines of "We don't really know how many 6-11 year olds are going to buy a brand new system."

Also, this came directly from the mouth of Bobby Kotick, who gives us such gems as "We're looking forward to exploiting this series' popularity year after year" and "We've pretty much taken all the fun out of making games". (And yes, he was very proud of that last one.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#7ChipChippersonPosted 2/8/2013 3:04:22 AM
Considering that 007 and Transformers were absolute junk, maybe they want to try releasing better games to help increase the install base. Nah, don't port the critically acclaimed Transformers titles, give them an up-rezzed Wii game based on a cartoon.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.