Wii U does not need an achievement system.

#1maddgamzPosted 2/7/2013 11:56:03 PM
Don't get me wrong i love getting achievements on the xbox. However, the best times i had with games was playing games to get cool unlockables that i could actually use in the game. Good example Resident Evil Remake and 0. I wanted all the cool infinte weapons to have in the game so i worked hard to acheive the goals to get them.

Having an achievement system like the xbox would be nice but i prefer the old unlockable rewards in games that i can actually use.
#2Paulf001Posted 2/7/2013 11:58:35 PM
maddgamz posted...

Having an achievement system like the xbox would be nice but i prefer the old unlockable rewards in games that i can actually use.

Only in today's generation of games you don't unlock stuff anymore you pay for and download the DLC.

How I miss the days when DLC didn't exist.
#3Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 11:59:23 PM
True enough but it's nice to have it. Though it's not a deal breaker.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/8/2013 12:02:38 AM
Glad TC is here to tell me what does and doesn't need things. You don't need to think your opinion is solid fact, but you do.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#5LUlGIPosted 2/8/2013 12:03:33 AM
Don't get me wrong i love getting achievements on the xbox. However, the best times i had with games was playing games to get cool unlockables that i could actually use in the game. Good example Resident Evil Remake and 0. I wanted all the cool infinte weapons to have in the game so i worked hard to acheive the goals to get them.

Having unlockables in games somehow means that it can't have achievements?
#6geneticsftwPosted 2/8/2013 12:05:41 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Glad TC is here to tell me what does and doesn't need things. You don't need to think your opinion is solid fact, but you do.

Likewise
---
Sweet
#7maddgamz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:07:18 AM
I really believe that the best things are in the past. Sure we have better technology but with that comes a lack of effort. Back in the old nes and snes days the games were so good because the technology wasnt that good, hench more effort went into making the games. Now its the same copy and paste routine we have seen many times in alot of cases.

This is why i like nintendo so much, despite technolgy growing they have continued to stay true to their roots. They never rush out one of their big titles because they believe it must be polished and do the work it takes to make it a classic. I do believe they need to change some things in the online aspect of their system. Mainly the chating system and inablility to play games online instead of localy only.
#8NarutoPosted 2/8/2013 12:11:43 AM
I like having achievements since it gives me incentives to replay a game. Like the Cave. If I bought it on Wii U, I wouldn't have gone through the game half a dozen times for all the character endings. I would've just watched them on YouTube.
#9geneticsftwPosted 2/8/2013 12:20:08 AM
Naruto posted...
I like having achievements since it gives me incentives to replay a game. Like the Cave. If I bought it on Wii U, I wouldn't have gone through the game half a dozen times for all the character endings. I would've just watched them on YouTube.

Wow
---
Sweet
#10TechniMyokoPosted 2/8/2013 2:58:49 AM
Naruto posted...
I like having achievements since it gives me incentives to replay a game.

Agreed. Sony decided achievements were needed cause not having them hurt sales+developers even begged for them.