Pachter says Nintendo needs a new game plan for success

#1Ryu XPosted 2/7/2013 11:15:53 PM
Pachter said,

"Nintendo needs a change in strategy. Smartphones and tablets are nibbling away at the edges of the market for games. If Nintendo canít beat it, they should consider making money off it. Why canít Mario be on the smartphone?"
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:55 PM
Confirmed: Nintendo will never put their games on phones and are doing fine.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#3Wario_manPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:56 PM
I'd like some changes in Nintendo but that is certainly not one I want.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#4geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 11:20:47 PM
Agreed
---
Sweet
#5Board_hunter567Posted 2/7/2013 11:23:48 PM
"(Company) needs a change in strategy. Smartphones and tablets are nibbling away at the edges of the market for games. If (company) canít beat it, they should consider making money off it. Why canít (franchise) be on the smartphone?"

The Pachter method of free advertising via exploiting video game journalism.
#6FoppePosted 2/7/2013 11:31:56 PM
Pachter said that RTS is a singleplayer turnbased genre.
Heck, he even said that PC games are a genre.
Normal people stopped listen to him ages ago.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/7/2013 11:39:08 PM
This pachter guy sure seems to like talking out of his ass all the time and he's always wrong about nintendo. People should stop giving his articles traffic and just stop reading them all togther so he goes away.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#8FrankulaPosted 2/7/2013 11:42:18 PM
Pachter can shove it. He has become rather annoying. This isn't the first time he's brought this up.

All I can say is I'm glad Pachter has no actual position in a gaming company. He'd royally screw everyone of those developers. "No no guys, this new bioshock game is good and all, but why not put it on tablets and phones instead? THATS where all the real money is after all! AM I RITE?"

In short: Screw Pachter.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#9FoppePosted 2/7/2013 11:43:46 PM
Remember when he said that he would buy a Wii U just for Bayonetta 2?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 11:45:24 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Confirmed: Nintendo will never put their games on phones and are doing fine.

Hey, that's my bit!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie