POLL: Should they make a new Star Fox?

#1IIICE_COLDPosted 2/8/2013 1:48:13 AM
Should they make a new Star Fox game for the Wii U, and if so, how? - Results (20 votes)
Yes, similar to the SNES and N64 aircraft shooters.
45% (9 votes)
Yes, but similar to Star Fox Adventures or Star Fox Assault.
15% (3 votes)
Yes, but with a completely new formula.
10% (2 votes)
No.
30% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally think they should make one styled just like the Nintendo 64 version.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/8/2013 1:51:28 AM
If they do, there's always the chance it'll get delayed and ported to the PS3/360.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3Brandy1977Posted 2/8/2013 1:53:08 AM
Would love to see a new Star Fox made like the SNES and N64 games!I used to listen to Queen on my walkman while i played through the SNES one...ahh memories.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VExgt5d.png
#4IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:54:52 AM
I never played the original... If it's available in the shop then I may snag it.
---
#5ShaunageAUPosted 2/8/2013 1:56:09 AM
At this point, it would be nice if they made ANYTHING.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#6IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:59:59 AM
ShaunageAU posted...
At this point, it would be nice if they made ANYTHING.

I think the series dwindled off because they tried to make third person adventure/action games. The first one I actually enjoyed greatly, Adventures for the Gamecube. But the Assault one I've never played, and saw that it got poor reviews.

They should really just figure out where they are in the story at this point and just make a Star Fox 3, without the "Wii U" at the end, and have it be one of the plane shooters.
---
#7elheberPosted 2/8/2013 2:04:03 AM
Of course. I'd prefer something fresh, but most important of all is I'd want a focused concept. Games like SFA weren't the best they could be because there were too many hands in the dough.

I'd argue that the old formula has aged badly by now, so clones of SF64 is a no-go IMHO. Either adapt with modern gameplay motifs like Kid Icarus: Uprising did for shoot-em-ups, or straight up change from a 3D arcade shooter to a free-flight Rogue Squadron.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |