SLOW Download

#1EHeroHaneKuriboPosted 2/8/2013 2:12:25 AM
Downloading Trine 2 finally and its been going for about an hour, only downloaded a pathetic 19%, not only that it says the estimated time remaining is 4 hours and 28 minutes!! Surely something is wrong, as it's only 1943 MB!
I've seen complaining about slow download speed right near release, but this is just ridiculous, is there something wrong?
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/8/2013 2:15:39 AM
You expected a good online experience from a Nintendo console?
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3EHeroHaneKuribo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:19:54 AM
There's bad and then there's this, even with Nintendo usually failing when it comes to online (now its gone to 4:50), surely there's some form of fix for this?
#4wskingwsPosted 2/8/2013 2:36:13 AM
EHeroHaneKuribo posted...
There's bad and then there's this, even with Nintendo usually failing when it comes to online (now its gone to 4:50), surely there's some form of fix for this?

My ps3 did that for exapmle: it would take some crazy amount number of hours for it to download small games like marvel vs capcom origins while my Xbox would downloads the same stuff in a matter of minutes.

Bottom line is connect an Ethernet cable directly to the wii u and that thecnically should fix the issue...I had to do that Everytime I wanted to download something on the ps3
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#5EHeroHaneKuribo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:41:37 AM
Would an ethernet cable really fix this? If I disconnect from the internet will the Download go back to 0% because at this point (it's gone up to 5 hours) if that happens I'll go crazy.
My PS3 and Xbox take a few minutes to download things this small, this is an absolute joke.
#6EHeroHaneKuribo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:21:49 AM
It just wont stop going up. Everytime it goes down, it'll make shoot up another 10 minutes. This si sort of unbearable, when I download a game I sort of expect to play it sometime that night. Will the ethernet change over work and will the download pause or go to 0%?
#7LodeiroSnakePosted 2/8/2013 3:25:36 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
You expected a good online experience from a Nintendo console?

This.