Nintendo should just go software only.

#1PangLaPosted 2/8/2013 3:23:37 AM(edited)
Let's face it, with how Nintendo are handling thing they won't last much longer. When the Ps4 and new Xbox comes out developers will simply stop making games for the Wii U (not like they didn't already). Nintendo has always been for their 1st party games, it doesn't matter on what console it is on, people will buy it. They will be more profitable on ditching hardware and going software and release multiplatformers games. Just think about the possibilities, Mario X Little Big Planet, Metroid X Halo, Pokemon on iOS and Android, ect. Bigger market, bigger profit and no longer bad hardware to worry about.
#2TheBonfiniPosted 2/8/2013 3:23:30 AM
The have billions of money in the bank.

They can try again. My goodness, they have some fine consoles.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#3Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:33 AM
If the only good thing to come out of this was a Halo that didn't blow like 4 (like removing half the additions the franchise made, offline especially) I'd welcome it.
#4IIICE_COLDPosted 2/8/2013 3:28:30 AM
"Just think about the possibilities, Mario X Little Big Planet, Metroid X Halo, Pokemon on iOS and Android, ect. Bigger market, bigger profit and no longer bad hardware to worry about."

Even if someone else acquired something like the Mario franchise and it's rights, it would be silly to just destroy it and mix it with anything else. If I were the owner of the franchise, I would try and concentrate more on the regular main console games and their features --- particularly the platforming games.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#5Chocobo115Posted 2/8/2013 3:29:23 AM
Yeah since Wii I have been wanting Nintendo to go multiplatform.
Love their games, their consoles I don't give that much.
So seeing what they'd do on a PS3/PS4 would be rather interesting.
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/8/2013 3:33:17 AM
nintendo stopping console production would be a huge blow to gaming. Perosnally i see nintendo becoming a handheld only company before i see there games appearing on other platforms.
---
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3 (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:33:53 AM
IIICE_COLD posted...
"Just think about the possibilities, Mario X Little Big Planet, Metroid X Halo, Pokemon on iOS and Android, ect. Bigger market, bigger profit and no longer bad hardware to worry about."

Even if someone else acquired something like the Mario franchise and it's rights, it would be silly to just destroy it and mix it with anything else. If I were the owner of the franchise, I would try and concentrate more on the regular main console games and their features --- particularly the platforming games.

Nintendo will still own the right and everything. I am just suggestion that they could work with other bigger franchise down the road. Similar to Mario and Sonic.
#8JTC87Posted 2/8/2013 3:36:55 AM
I would love to play a Zelda game on the Xbox.
#9Khanate88Posted 2/8/2013 4:25:42 AM
PangLa posted...
Let's face it, with how Nintendo are handling thing they won't last much longer. When the Ps4 and new Xbox comes out developers will simply stop making games for the Wii U (not like they didn't already). Nintendo has always been for their 1st party games, it doesn't matter on what console it is on, people will buy it. They will be more profitable on ditching hardware and going software and release multiplatformers games. Just think about the possibilities, Mario X Little Big Planet, Metroid X Halo, Pokemon on iOS and Android, ect. Bigger market, bigger profit and no longer bad hardware to worry about.

A few points that poke a bunch of holes in your argument:

-Nintendo has always been about 1st parties? What? What about the NES and the SNES. It was only in the N64 days when making games for cartridges was expensive that Nintendo started to lose 3rd party support.

-Also developers are already considering releasing GTA 5 and Bioshock Infinite for the Wii U.

-Sony has already stated that they aren't focusing on performance for the PS4, rather they are focusing on the social aspect.

-Nintendo is already getting the multiplatform titles. They got COD and Assassin's Creed at launch.

-The 3DS is doing fine

-Did you forget how the Wii sold better than the PS3 and 360? Wii sales faltered later in life because the market had already been saturated with Wii's. I hardly know anyone who doesn't own a Wii.

The only reason the Wii U isn't performing well right now, is that Zombie U wasn't that well received, and the other major 3rd party launch games were multiplatform, so people bought them for the consoles they already owned. Nintendo released really weak 1st party titles, with NSMB already being notorious for being a rehash series that fails to meet the quality of the original mario games for NES and SNES.

Once it gets more 1st party titles, it will get a larger install base, and the Wii U will do fine.
#10syphoned_edgePosted 2/8/2013 4:29:45 AM
PangLa posted...

You should work for Murdoch.

More sensationalist tripe.