Nintendo should just go software only.

#21sonicsonicPosted 2/8/2013 4:25:11 AM
Paulf001 posted...
Nintendo is in a really bad position right now. They exhausted their sales to non gamers with the original Wii which was a 1 time deal. Now those people are not real gamers do not care about buying Nintendo's new system, and the majority of hard core gamers could care less about playing with a tablet controller that kind of plays similar to a ds.

Nintendo is in a no win situation at the moment. They can continue on with the Wii U make those first party games, 3d Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, ect, and have very little 3rd party support which means no licensing fees for them. They could abandon the Wii U eairly come out with something new that apparels to hard core gamers and has power comparable to what Sony/MS are releasing, actually address problems they have, network infrastructure, easier to use account system, more traditional controller, better made OS, stuff like achievements. . However this most likely would piss off the fans that bought a Wii U, if they decide to come out with something new so soon.

While they aren't hurting for money they have a strong hand held market that's going pretty good for them. Its the home console thats been causing them to lose money for the past 2 years. They got to do something if they want to make a profit in the coming year.

You're just silly.

Majority of hardcore gamers will get the WiiU, cause they are a hardcore gamer. They'll also get the PS4/720, cause they are hardcore gamers.

Graphic lamer casuals will pass the WiiU and tablet controller. I think the controller is a great idea. Can't wait to see how Monolith Soft put it too use. Fact is the Gamepad is nothing like the Wii remote. That was a fair enough reason to put off some hardcore gamers, but this is a standard controller with a screen as well... It's like not liking a fridge cause he has an ice maker. It's only making it better...

Wii sales dropped from COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION CHRIIIIIIIIIIIS.

Nintendo are just gonna wait for Sony and Microsoft too make some announcements then they will bring out the big guns. The WiiU has no competition at the moment, that's why it's looking how it is (This is a strong argument for why people should stop wanting companies to go under. Competition breeds innovation).

People have already forgotten about the Nintendo Direct. What other company as big as Nintendo would announce 5 games in the middle of January? Considering how the Nintendo Direct looked. E3 for Nintendo is gonna be big. There'll be playable forms of X, Mario Kart, Mario 3D, Retro's game, possibly Miyamoto's, Yoshi and SMTxFE... even Sakurai said we'd get to see a video of the next Smash Bros. I haven't even mentioned the 3DS at E3. POKEMON.

Nintendo are fine. Topics like this are long. Do ya research and make an unbiased topic that actually requires some serious conversion and discussion.
#22JackalPosted 2/8/2013 5:08:16 AM
Cloud based at that.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#23SoaringDivePosted 2/8/2013 5:40:51 AM
Nintendo will go software only waaay after Sony drops everything like THQ. I don't get it, how does making the most money in gaming last gen equate to being the first to go down, but Sony losing money as if it were diarrhea means Nintendo will put games on the "PS4"?
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#24genlockPosted 2/8/2013 5:57:03 AM
I don't agree or disagree but it's just depressing to hear things like "they have billions in bank" from folks who just scream no clue about business. How can you even discuss this when people can't grasp basics?
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#25DTY3Posted 2/8/2013 6:01:43 AM
oh great. Another "I wanna play Nintendo games but I dont wanna be seen with a Nintendo console!" topic.

Jeez, guys is it so hard to at least own 2 consoles?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#26stoney2005Posted 2/8/2013 6:03:55 AM
damnit another worthless topic.. Nintendo should be like Sega blah blah
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?
#27P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/8/2013 6:05:06 AM
That sounds horrible. You should feel bad.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece