Slow Clap for Ubisoft

#1SpursFTWPosted 2/8/2013 2:25:07 AM
I personally think that if they released Rayman when they were originally supposed to it would sell really well on the Wii U. It may also mean a few more people will pick up a Wii U to play it too.

Then in September it would also sell on the other consoles regardless.

What they've done now is seriously dent the amount of people who will pick the game up when September rolls around. My thought trail on this is there will be 1st party Nintendo games coming out and Rayman will sell less as it will have very strong competition.

Also other 3rd party game, using the UK as an example, who's going to bother with Rayman when FIFA 14 is realised? Is anyone going to pick Rayman over windwaker, possibly Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2 possibly?

I don't think the game will sell that well on WiiU, well it might when the game gets a price drop.

I think delaying Rayman on the WiiU is going to hurt Ubisoft financially.
---
Peace, Love & Deathmetal
X-Box360 Gamer Tag : Hellz08, Wii code: 1833 9362 8501 5662
#2Chocobo115Posted 2/8/2013 2:26:29 AM
I'd pick Rayman Legends on PS3 over all the titles mentioned in the post.
#3Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 2:29:14 AM
Chocobo115 posted...

Me too actually

S'good series
#4dudultimatenessPosted 2/8/2013 2:46:29 AM
I think someone already mentioned this but I'll repeat it. Releasing Rayman for 2 systems who collectively have 140 million people over a 3 million install base isn't hurting Ubisoft. The only ones who are hurt over this are hardcore Nintendo fanboys. Get over it.
---
"Don't focus on da finger or you'll miss all dat heavenry grory"
#5IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/8/2013 2:55:53 AM
And I will be laughing when sales for Rayman Legends fail to break 500K total on all three systems. Trust me, the game is going to tank and tank damn hard. It will serve UbiSoft right for pulling a dick move.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#6SpursFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:04:20 AM
I was just pointing out delaying the game will harm the sales on the Wii U.

Nintendo traditionally blows 3rd parties out of the water when it comes to sales of games on their console, Ubisoft will lose a lot of sales by going up against Nintendo later on in the year.

I said that the game would sell when it went multi platform, that decision makes sense and was always on the cards, the game may sell, it may not.
---
Peace, Love & Deathmetal
X-Box360 & Nintendo Network ID: Hellz08
#740DribylfPosted 2/8/2013 3:07:54 AM
dudultimateness posted...
I think someone already mentioned this but I'll repeat it. Releasing Rayman for 2 systems who collectively have 140 million people over a 3 million install base isn't hurting Ubisoft. The only ones who are hurt over this are hardcore Nintendo fanboys. Get over it.

It's going to hurt the game and the developer. It's coming out the same month as GTA V, and September is known as a high-profile month for AAA games. Q4 is going to be hectic.

It's not going to sell well at all. At all
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#8nonexistingheroPosted 2/8/2013 3:08:13 AM
Yeah, I already have been saying from the start that the Wii U version will sell like garbage now that it's been delayed.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9ironbruPosted 2/8/2013 3:31:34 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...

Me too actually

S'good series

Me too and I'm from the UK which makes the UK chart example redundant. I wouldn't buy it over Bayonetta 2 though, I'd buy it at the same time if they're released around the same time and enjoy the hell out of both of them.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.
#10DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/8/2013 3:33:55 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...

Me too actually

S'good series

Me three if I had to choose 1.

MK Wii and 7 were bleh, I don't play FIFA. I hated Bayonetta and a Zelda game with 2 dungeons, a boss dungeon and then 40 hours of sailing to make it look long (I still detest fishing for Tri pieces instead of doing 8 more dungeons) that's being redone when it should've been killed off, easy choice.