You know what's most dissapointing about Rayman Legends?

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/8/2013 5:06:06 AM(edited)
That so far, WiiU fanboys are 100% right.

And I don't say that as a "how dare they be right", I say that as a "I can't believe no one seems to care that it's coming to the other systems".

All of the top posts on gamefaqs about Rayman (The ones that appear on the front page) are from this board.

I adored Origins, had a pre-order in for Legends before I even knew I was getting a WiiU (as a just in case it was sold out at launch) and when I played the demo, apart from Murph (who I detested as he outright ruined my 1p and 2p enjoyment of the game) I thought the rest of the demo was perfection.

So enter this story, I became over joyed at the announcement as Murph won't be in the PS3 version so I can get the perfect gameplay (seriously, PS3 etc... fans, the WiiU demo blew Origins out of the water, everything feels better) without the being "forced to watch others have fun" part

But apart from the odd guy here and there, no one seems to care.

Sure there's a lot of "smart move going to bigger fanbase" posts, but I haven't seen one of these then say "and I for one will be buying it on the XYZ".

So I think the WiiU fanboys could be right, this could hurt the game.

I think in hindsight, Ubi will wish they'd done a Team Ninja and released the WiiU version first, before porting to the other systems. And speaking of, time to play some more Razor's Edge.

P.S Anyone else been sad and listened to the AC/DC album The Razors Edge whilst playing Razor's Edge? Although not surprisingly, they don't sync up XD
#2Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 5:06:03 AM
So Pandaman is either DD666 or impersonating him
#3DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:06:51 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
So Pandaman is either DD666 or impersonating him

I must admit, I know not of who you speak of.
#4blankempathyPosted 2/8/2013 5:17:13 AM
Either way you look at it delaying the wii u version is going to hurt sales. It's launching later this year during the busy season for one and two, people were looking for a new wii u game to buy and this easily would have sold based on that alone. Not to mention this probably pissed some people off. I'm a pic gamer as well though and I'm used to ubisoft treating pc gamers like crap. This news sucks but it honestly doesn't surprise me.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#5syphoned_edgePosted 2/8/2013 5:22:25 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

And I don't say that as a "how dare they be right", I say that as a "I can't believe no one seems to care that it's coming to the other systems".

All of the top posts on gamefaqs about Rayman (The ones that appear on the front page) are from this board.

I adored Origins, had a pre-order in for Legends before I even knew I was getting a WiiU (as a just in case it was sold out at launch) and when I played the demo, apart from Murph (who I detested as he outright ruined my 1p and 2p enjoyment of the game) I thought the rest of the demo was perfection.

So enter this story, I became over joyed at the announcement as Murph won't be in the PS3 version so I can get the perfect gameplay (seriously, PS3 etc... fans, the WiiU demo blew Origins out of the water, everything feels better) without the being "forced to watch others have fun" part

Sure there's a lot of "smart move going to bigger fanbase" posts, but I haven't seen one of these then say "and I for one will be buying it on the XYZ".

I think in hindsight, Ubi will wish they'd done a Team Ninja and released the WiiU version first, before porting to the other systems. And speaking of, time to play some more Razor's Edge.

P.S Anyone else been sad and listened to the AC/DC album The Razors Edge whilst playing Razor's Edge? Although not surprisingly, they don't sync up XD

The most depressing thing about this fiasco is how the developers are treated.

By financial executives and publishers alike, they are seen as expendable.
#6DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:32:07 AM(edited)
blankempathy posted...
Either way you look at it delaying the wii u version is going to hurt sales. It's launching later this year during the busy season for one and two, people were looking for a new wii u game to buy and this easily would have sold based on that alone. Not to mention this probably pissed some people off. I'm a pic gamer as well though and I'm used to ubisoft treating pc gamers like crap. This news sucks but it honestly doesn't surprise me.

Yup, I gave up buying Ubi on P.C, second class gamers for first class gamers :)

syphoned_edge posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Too true, did you read the article on eurogamer?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-08-rayman-legends-dev-pissed-at-ubisoft-for-delay-after-completing-wii-u-version-blames-men-in-ties
#7DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:32:35 AM(edited)
Ignore
#8DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:31:29 AM
Crap, i hit quote instead of edit -_-
#9syphoned_edgePosted 2/8/2013 5:37:40 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
blankempathy posted...

Yup, I gave up buying Ubi on P.C, second class gamers for first class gamers :)

syphoned_edge posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Too true, did you read the article on eurogamer?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-08-rayman-legends-dev-pissed-at-ubisoft-for-delay-after-completing-wii-u-version-blames-men-in-ties

Yes but from my own experience within the post production industry, I can relate to them.

Suits and ties will always rule the day - regardless of your ability, emotional investment or otherwise - you are treated like expendable, conveyor-belt workers.

It's sad really, because the state of this economy is down to them - they should be the ones expendable.
#10DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:56:32 AM
syphoned_edge posted...

Yes but from my own experience within the post production industry, I can relate to them.

Suits and ties will always rule the day - regardless of your ability, emotional investment or otherwise - you are treated like expendable, conveyor-belt workers.

It's sad really, because the state of this economy is down to them - they should be the ones expendable.

QFT!