Do you think the Wii U will end up as a "companion console" like the Wii?

#1CaoNiMa69Posted 2/8/2013 5:23:08 AM
Look. Don't get angry. When the Wii came out I wanted it to be the best but it wasn't. Like many many gamers, mine ended up just being used for netflix because the 360's app is awful.

Anybody else have that nagging feeling the Wii U is going to be the sad "companion console" once again to the new xbox 720 / PS4?
#2Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 5:25:02 AM
I prefer the term 'Zelda player' or 'Mario player'
#3marioparty17Posted 2/8/2013 5:25:14 AM
Jaw, good games are coming out soon, maybe u couldn't find all the Wii "gems"
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#4Chocobo115Posted 2/8/2013 5:28:24 AM
Isn't it already?

I know for sure if I buy a Wii U it'll be for the exclusives I can't play on PS4. like Zelda & Mario.
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:44 AM
I don't have that feeling, but I wouldn't mind if it did. If the most popular choices for gaming setups are PS4/Wii U and 720/Wii U, that works out better for Nintendo than it does for Sony or MS.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6CaoNiMa69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:32:13 AM
Sure there were good games. I've got tons of them for Wii. But I think the longest I ever spent with a Wii game was maybe xenoblade? There sure as hell weren't any Mass Effects or series with that sort of scope and range for the system.
#7lipnox88Posted 2/8/2013 6:34:25 AM
until I see what the other consoles are offering I cant really say, but so far the wii U could be the new dreamcast.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#8deathsaber79Posted 2/8/2013 6:53:39 AM
I think companion console is an ugly term.

That said- Nintendo caters to a specific audience.

Lets face it, we're all here for the Nintendo first party stuff- we simply can't NOT play the next Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Every new Nintendo console there is always the big blow up about third parties and multiplats and now Nintendo doesn't get them and therefore are somehow doomed.

For me it doesn't matter, I will always own Sony's console and Nintendo's-- it gives me the best overall mix in gaming. (I choose Sony over MS because the exclusives are so much better, could really care less about Halo/Gears/Fable/Forza).

Most Nintendo fans are either

1. Very specific Nintendo fans- they play their games and not much else - They are kind of like Disney fans- certain people love their movies and everything about them, they collect everything on VHS, DVD, and now blu ray, but not much else. They are far from movie "buffs" but where Disney is concerned, they are an encyclopedia of knowlege. Nintendo often has a similar fanbase.

2. Are hardcore gamer who already own Nintendo and another console (see my earlier explanation). Again, for general, mainstream gaming, we get that on 360/ps3. Then we get our Nintendo fix when their big games come out. The Nintendo might tend to sit for periods of time waiting for the next release, but when a new Zelda comes out- the PS3 is forgotten- plus every one of these games gets a new playthrough every year. I know 10 years from now, I"ll still be debating the qualities of the various Zelda releases...will I even care about anything I've played on ps3 in 10 years?

3. Are kids who have a nintendo because they are a family trusted brand- which isn't a bad thing! Not everything needs to be "mature"- sometimes its refreshing to play something colorful rather than gritty, and laden with swearing and dudebro speak.
#940DribylfPosted 2/8/2013 6:56:40 AM
I prefer the term 'Zelda player' or 'Mario player'

---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 2/8/2013 7:51:53 AM
Without a doubt.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington