Hey look! Another Rayman Legends topic!

#1digiblasterPosted 2/8/2013 8:14:52 AM
I had a couple of points to make about the announcement, but given that most topics degenerate into shouting matches I decided a fresh topic was the best way to get things noticed.

So, we had a Wii U exclusive slated for release very soon, and now we have a multiplat that won't be released for a number of months. While I don't believe there's been official word as to why, what I've been able to gather is that they want to add more content and polish it, as well as release for all platforms simultaneously. However, the general consensus is that this close to the intended release, the game was more than likely finished, and the wait was just for porting.

I've also read (and I can't vouch for it's accuracy) that Microsoft can refuse a multiplat title if it was to come to the 360 after any other number of consoles. It's therefore entirely possible that the original intention was to release the Wii U version now, and create the port for September.

Assuming that this isn't correct though, there is no reason whatsoever to delay the Wii U version. People (trolls; MS/Sony fanboys) are defending Ubisoft, saying it was purely a business decision to reach a larger fanbase. This makes sense, to an extent. However, I'd like to point out a few things:

- As has been pointed out so often, they've chosen to release the ports in September, against a lot of big titles (such as GTA V).

- The Wii U will also be gaining some momentum, with Nintendo releasing first party games such as Mario Kart; there is a serious drought at the moment, and Rayman would be a big seller for a lot of Wii U owners.

- Sure, we'll get more content this way, and it'll likely be more polished. However, games are patched all the time, and DLC is commonplace. They could easily release the game now, and any fixes or new content can be added along the way (or as one DLC pack on the release of the ports).

There is simply no reason for a delay - so chances are, either the higher-ups at Ubisoft are going crazy, or Microsoft had something to do with it - given the choice between delaying the Wii U version 6 months, or not being able to release a 360 version (with a much larger ownership), Ubisoft would have been crazy not to do what they did.

Ultimately, there are enough things that we don't know that mean we can't make a call on this. Sadly, Wii U owners will have to wait, and the developers will have wasted their time rushing the release.
#2kingdddPosted 2/8/2013 8:17:07 AM
Pretty much. A lot of Wii U owners would of lost interest by the time it's released. I had a huge interest in the game until the delay was announced and there literally was no good excuse to delay it at the point.
---
"Seeing is only just an impression, playing is believing." -Nintendo
#32wingedangelPosted 2/8/2013 8:21:46 AM
I think Microsoft is in the wrong, since I don't see anything about Sony's reaction to getting a port on the PS3 (which is even better than lolXbox). They could make money just fine if they release a Wii U version during the drought, give PS3 a port later, and give Microsoft the middle finger.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#4KonkeyDonk435Posted 2/8/2013 8:39:58 AM
tl'dr sorry

but still cool topic
---
Before anyone replies to me :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q