Sony and Nintendo should unite for the sake of gaming industry

#21P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/8/2013 1:16:03 PM
I'd prefer Nintendo not be run into the ground.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#22CaioNVPosted 2/8/2013 1:16:46 PM
I would like to see Mario, The Legend of Zelda, God of War and inFAMOUS in the same console, would be BRETTY CUL. This, I voted for "agree", but...
Maybe, just maybe, it is better not to fix what isn't broken.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#23ThreinfhirPosted 2/8/2013 1:31:03 PM
TheFallenPriest posted...
Nintendos not struggling. I see no reason for them to take on the sinking ship that is sony either. So I disagree

---
NNID: Threinfhir
#24FenderMasterPosted 2/8/2013 1:46:48 PM
Threinfhir posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...
Nintendos not struggling. I see no reason for them to take on the sinking ship that is sony either. So I disagree

It would be good for gamers though. We could play Nintendo games AND third party games on the same console! And we'd have good online, fair digital pricing structure and some new IP's!
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#25Lelouch71Posted 2/8/2013 2:56:20 PM
FenderMaster posted...
Sony quality hardware capable of running third party games? With Zelda, Mario and Metroid? Sony pushing out new IP's and innovation in games? Access to Nintendo's and Sony's back catalog of classics?

Yes I do want this

Quality hardware? Explain why DRE and YLOD exist? Between the two Nintendo does a better job at building a less faulty system.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#26squatch22Posted 2/8/2013 2:59:11 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
FenderMaster posted...
Sony quality hardware capable of running third party games? With Zelda, Mario and Metroid? Sony pushing out new IP's and innovation in games? Access to Nintendo's and Sony's back catalog of classics?

Yes I do want this

Quality hardware? Explain why DRE and YLOD exist? Between the two Nintendo does a better job at building a less faulty system.

Yeah, they seem to think more power = higher quality...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#27Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 2:59:27 PM
If they can unite without merging, then yes. Microsoft is the bastard child of the industry and they need to keep Apple out as well.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#28strongo9Posted 2/8/2013 2:59:51 PM
AceMos posted...
one of the richest companys in japan (nintendo)

should fuse with a company that is so deep in the red that they are unlikely to recover (sony)

do you know how bussiness work?

This. Nintendo would end up taking on all of Sony's debt.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#29FenderMasterPosted 2/8/2013 3:04:27 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
FenderMaster posted...

Yes I do want this

My launch PS3 and launch Wii both died. PS3 from overheating, and Wii the disc drive died. I now own a slim PS3 and a refurbished Wii with b/c. My 1 year old 3DS shoulder button is becoming unresponsive, just like my DS lite, and it self harms whenever I close the screen without leaving a cloth in the middle. So I wouldn't exactly say Nintendo hardware is as robust as it used to be either.

So yeah, both companies make consoles with hardware issues, but Sony doesn't cheap out on components, limiting developers and adding hidden costs (at least for home consoles, Vita is another story with those insane proprietary memory cards.

Give me a capable Sony console over an outdated piece of crap with missing features any day because I don't trust any modern manufacturer to make hardware that lasts...
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#30MerisYakiPosted 2/8/2013 3:06:21 PM
No, Wii U doesn't need to become Wii Shoot.