What if the Wii U hardware was much more powerful?

#21PigfartsPosted 2/8/2013 12:01:52 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Pigfarts posted...
"At least 3 more million WiiU's would be sold"

IF it were to release next week, the problem is the longer they wait the worse its going to get. the closer the release of the ps4 and next box the less likely someone is going to buy a system for one game, or even a handful of 1st party games.

I personally will get a Wii U right before monster hunter comes out. but there is nothing else in the nintendo line up i am remotely interested in. Maybe anew yugioh if annouced, but I would say less then 10% of games would get a system for one game.

But when and what are you expecting from the PS4/720 launches ? Compared to the Wii/PS3/360 launch line-up the WiiU actually blows them out of the water.

Also I listed about 7 system sellers in that post as well. When PS4/720 launch they are going to have a library of boring uninspired games just like the WiiU. Whereas the WiiU is going to be cheaper and have a much bigger library.

If not much interests you fair enough, but I wouldn't expect the PS4/720 launches to be anything special. I have a feeling they are rushing the next Sony Console out. Sony execs originally claimed a 10 year life span for the PS3. It got too 7.

To be honest nothing, I did not look at the launch titles. But they tend to both get a lot of 3rd party support. I always buy all the system. I have about 150 games between the wii ps3 and xbox, i play 3 games all the time and a handful of game other other time

yugioh for xbox an arcade title, MvC2 for xbox an arcade title, and a handful of JRPGs. I dont like sony franchise games, but they tend to have really good exclusives IMO. Not sure why I like xbox I dont like their exclusives at all, but i do tend to play my multiplayer games on xbox and single play games on ps3.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#22ArturiaZweiPosted 2/8/2013 12:09:23 PM
Pigfarts posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
Nintendo won't succeed on being the same thing Microsoft and Sony are. They didn't need the games built for Microsoft and Sony's console for the Wii and it won't benefit them here.

Nintendo only needs to focus on building games centered around its own franchises and unique styles of gameplay. Third party titles don't do well on Nintendo consoles because the first party titles are the focus, the major moneymakers for the system.

Nintendo's titles don't require the hardware of the competing systems. If their games on the Nes and Snes are any indication, they don't need much at all to create timeless games. Graphical power is meaningless unless you know how to use it towards enhancing the experience and not BEING the experience.

The right thinking but totally missed a point, Wii U as of now only sold 3 million units. If nintendo released 3d mario next week the most they could sell is 3 million assumeing everyone buys it. they will sell a few more units but not enough.

Look how many units smash bros sold on on normal Wii, to get those sales every Wii U owner would have to buy 5 copies of every nintendo made game. No AAA nintendo game will ever get the same sales numbers as the Wii ones simply b/c they didnt move the amount of units.

though sony/nintendo fan refuse to admit it Vita and Wii U are having te same problem.

So... games don't sell consoles or something?
Regardless of when they release Smash Bros, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Project X, SmT X FE and whatever else they turn out, they will more than likely move both hardware units and software.

People don't buy consoles for the sake of buying consoles, ... well... most of the time. They buy the consoles for games they enjoy. The games I listed can't be had anywhere else, so they're going to pretty well move systems.
#23SolisPosted 2/8/2013 12:19:42 PM
Extra power certainly would have helped. At the very least, it would have allowed the Wii U to consistently have the best looking and best running versions of existing console games, which it clearly doesn't. And of course, if it had something that actually impressed people visually, then it would have gathered much more attention from that too.

It's not the only reason, but it's certainly a contributing factor.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#24PigfartsPosted 2/8/2013 12:22:39 PM
I dont think a handful of 1st party games are going to move millions of units of handware. They NEED 3rd party support, nintendo said they wanted more 3rd party support and they are not getting it.

Activision said they are disappoint in Wii U sales do you think they will spend a lot of money developing AAA titles for Wii U if they think it will sell poorly? Square just announced today a new game coming out, its only only coming out for PS3, 360 and PC.

Yes nintendo will always have the people who love the Mario/Zelda and metriod games, but they are losing out on the people who don't like those games, most gamers like more then just those games.
---
#25Air_Gear_Posted 2/8/2013 12:23:55 PM
Pigfarts posted...
squatch22 posted...
599 US DOLLARS!

P00R PEOPLE!!!

Maybe poor people in 2006.
#26sonicsonicPosted 2/8/2013 12:34:54 PM
Pigfarts posted...
I dont think a handful of 1st party games are going to move millions of units of handware. They NEED 3rd party support, nintendo said they wanted more 3rd party support and they are not getting it.

Activision said they are disappoint in Wii U sales do you think they will spend a lot of money developing AAA titles for Wii U if they think it will sell poorly? Square just announced today a new game coming out, its only only coming out for PS3, 360 and PC.

Yes nintendo will always have the people who love the Mario/Zelda and metriod games, but they are losing out on the people who don't like those games, most gamers like more then just those games.

They are getting far better 3rd party support than the Wii ever did. Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Batman never appeared on the Wii. Namco are working on SSB and SMTxFE has been announced.

It isn't on the scale as the PS3/360 3rd party support, but it is better than the Wii. Also personally I'm more interested in seeing more collaboration work and Iwata hinted at them having a few other titles in the works.
#27ArturiaZweiPosted 2/8/2013 12:56:21 PM
Pigfarts posted...

3rd party support for the Wii was less than the competition, however the Wii still carved out a hefty hardware number.

Do they NEED third party support as you say? Maybe only to hold gamers over till their first party releases. Nintendo doesn't need to have the same games as Microsoft, Sony or PC though. Once again, they are better off doing their own thing and not trying to be another Microsoft/Sony/PC.

They're doing just fine and will improve majorly once they're steadily releasing games.
#28PigfartsPosted 2/8/2013 1:03:17 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
Pigfarts posted...

3rd party support for the Wii was less than the competition, however the Wii still carved out a hefty hardware number.

Do they NEED third party support as you say? Maybe only to hold gamers over till their first party releases. Nintendo doesn't need to have the same games as Microsoft, Sony or PC though. Once again, they are better off doing their own thing and not trying to be another Microsoft/Sony/PC.

They're doing just fine and will improve majorly once they're steadily releasing games.

And no where are we seeing Wii U carve out hefty anything, they have good launch numbers and tanking week on week sales and month on month sales. Launch numbers alone will not sustain a systems. Business rely on postive growth, not declining sale figures 2 months after launch. The Wii brought a lot of innovation to the table the Wii U not so much, tablet controller isn't nearly as hot as motion controll.

On top of that Wii U for the most part is on par with 360 and ps3 in terms of power and graphic capabilities.

Should I say the Vita is all of a sudden going to make a killing b/c PS2 sold really well? Wii has nothing to do with this arguement. Name one source outside of nintendo or a company that has a stake in nintendo that is saying how great the sales are and how much support they have then send the link over and then I'll eat my words. Other than that you are just wishful thinking.
---