Nintendo better bundle Smash Bros

#1cloudriveraPosted 2/8/2013 12:10:20 PM
That's when I'm picking up the system, whether it's this year or next. Come on Nintendo, help me save some money!
---
currently playing: COD: Black Ops 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
#2Dark_Link92Posted 2/8/2013 12:11:27 PM
Don't hold your breath. You won't get any notable discount because they'll want to make as much money out of SSB as possible.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#3Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 12:12:03 PM
They didn't bundle the other 3 titles with a system as far as I am aware. Why would they do this one? I could see a Mario/Mario Kart bundle but not Smash.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4GrizzmeisterPosted 2/8/2013 12:19:33 PM
Nintendo would sell a shipload of Wii Uís if they bundle Super Smash Bros. 4, a Wii U Pro Controller and include some sort of special edition plush.
---
"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." - William Blake
#5cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:31:47 PM
Virus66 posted...
They didn't bundle the other 3 titles with a system as far as I am aware. Why would they do this one? I could see a Mario/Mario Kart bundle but not Smash.

Things change. Do you know how many people buy a Nintendo system for Smash? Gamecube had it right. Smash Bros. should have been a launch window title. It's a game that people play for a long time and won't get tired of. imo a game like that is great for a launch window. Smah bros. being bundled with the Pro controller would be great for the system.
---
#6MichaelDeAngeloPosted 2/8/2013 12:33:20 PM
cloudrivera posted...
Virus66 posted...

Things change. Do you know how many people buy a Nintendo system for Smash? Gamecube had it right. Smash Bros. should have been a launch window title. It's a game that people play for a long time and won't get tired of. imo a game like that is great for a launch window. Smah bros. being bundled with the Pro controller would be great for the system.

You said exactly why Nintendo won't bundle the game with the Wii U.

It sells enough systems as is.

Now, they may bundle it with a controller, but that's not quite what you were saying.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#7Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 12:33:36 PM
cloudrivera posted...
Virus66 posted...

That's the thing though, Smash will sell. They don't NEED to bundle it if people would buy it anyways.
---
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:36:34 PM
Virus66 posted...
cloudrivera posted...
Virus66 posted...

That's the thing though, Smash will sell. They don't NEED to bundle it if people would buy it anyways.

Same thing with Mario Kart. Sony and Microsoft do bundles all the time as well. I would die if I can get a Wii U with mario and co designed on it (ok THAT will never happen lol)
---
#9FoppePosted 2/8/2013 12:38:33 PM
Now what if Nintendo would bundle 10 retail discs with the system with no added cost, now that would sell systems.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 12:39:28 PM
Foppe posted...
Now what if Nintendo would bundle 10 retail discs with the system with no added cost, now that would sell systems.

Yes, that it would. However, I'm pretty sure they could be practically paying us for their console at that point.
---