Price difference between the Wii U and PS4. Not as lopsided as Wii vs PS3

#51vanguard29Posted 2/8/2013 2:18:55 PM
A little backstory on myself: i have been a longtime nintendo consumer, had all the consoles until the wiiu, and might get one. I would not call myself a "fanboy" After having a 360 for the past two years, i sold it to get a ps3, which was a marvelous decision. so this next gen is very interesting to me.

Now, I believe that TC has a good point, the hundred dollar price jump from wiiu to ps4 would not stop me if i equally wanted both, but a 350 dollar jump would like the ps3 and wii in the beginning. This is valid. But im not too sure about the 720 or the ps4. i dont like the idea of always online, as i dont have wifi, which will undoubtedly be a huge factor in my decision next gen. but for those with out this problem, im not sure. my theory is the ps4 wont sell much at launch due to no used game backlash/ not many games (it will be a new console, they never have much)/ and the 720. if any of the 720 rumors are true, it may sell very well in the start. my prediction is, after the novelty dies off, the 720 will be a moderate dissapointment, and the ps4 will be a moderate success. (thats if what ive heard about the kinect 2 and what not are true. it may not be everyone's cup of tea.) i for one would prefer just to have a regular old controller....
---
Official Kisame Hoshigaki of the UNS3 board.
Official Hei of the nonexistant DTB board.
#52DaMan1900Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:14 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
I really don't see how Ninty could pull much off anymore with a 50$ increase providing hundreds in hardware (and game) improvements...

Little things like Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, etc. will help with that, don't worry.

they didnt help the N64 or GCN
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#53Paulf001Posted 2/8/2013 2:25:51 PM
I would expect about a $100 price drop next holiday season, that along with new 3d Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda WW to get people to buy a Wii U instead of PS4/720 next holiday.

At that point Wii U would be selling for $250 and PS4/720 would be around $400, thats a $150 difference right there.
#54ClarkyMalarkyPosted 2/8/2013 2:50:54 PM
Where's this "leaked" source?

I call shenanigans.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#55DTY3Posted 2/8/2013 3:07:24 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
DTY3 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
DTY3 posted...
But what games will the PS4 even have...?

Next gen games that look good and PS3 games (GTA5)

At launch, what fun games will PS4 have that arent ports?

Rumor is: Uncharted 4, GT6, KillZone, and Little Big Planet 3

ugh.

Anythin else?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#56pbandjamesPosted 2/8/2013 3:20:35 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Dude I don't need to. For me, you, anyone. Hit the PS3 button. Look at the list. Does the U play Skyrim? So that. Anything else?

PS4 won't be able to play PS3 games, since it won't have the Cell in it, if any of the rumors are to be believed.

Again, the assbats I have are eating your face

Rumors = rumors

Except it's already been pretty much shot down. They've stated backwards compatibility as "something that would be very difficult to achieve," and their general thoughts towards it weren't optimistic. Basically, don't expect it.

http://www.psu.com/a017607/PS4-backwards-compatibility-difficult-to-achieve-says-UK-developer---PS3-games-via-the-cloud

So, PS4 better have a VERY strong start line up, because new adopters will not be pleased if they buy a PS4 and can't play some games that they missed from the PS3.
---
Game news is the best news.