Probably over thinking the situation with Rayman but...

#1OMG_AIDSPosted 2/8/2013 12:41:07 PM
So it is a huge bummer that Rayman got delayed despite being finished. (This exact thing happened last summer with Anarchy Reigns, but that's besides the point.)
We can all agree that the reason for Ubisoft's delay is to be able to focus their ad campaign at one time to minimize ad costs (Here's where I'll start to over think it.)

What if announcing the WiiU versions delay is part of PR ad campaign? It's become a pretty big story on a lot of gaming sites so people are focused on the game and its release. Now Ubisoft looks pretty terrible in view of the fans and are on the receiving end if quite a bit of negative feedback. What if in a few days Ubisoft pulls a feel good announcement that the delay for the WiiU version has been lifted/shortended? This will get people to continue talking about the situation, accept this time it will be rejoice/hype from the ready happy customers. Pair the PR swings, fan hype/word of mouth, articles on gaming sites, and small ad campaign and you've got a pretty solid release for a game on a console with such a small list of games customers want.

Like I said, this is probably over thought and is really just me holding on to hope but I suppose it's a possibility.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#2Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 12:52:05 PM
no company would intentionally piss off an entire consoles fanbase of their franchise just in a shallow attempt to get some buzz going... and at the expense of their own developers. In case you didn't know, their developers have even commented on the matter as well saying how they were royally f***ed over.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3OMG_AIDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:02:47 PM
But what if the devs saying that is part of the PR spin? Ubisoft comes to their devs and fans with the whole 'super sorry, lets kiss and make-up' schpeal? lol I know it's a farfetched situation but it's the first thing that came to my mind.

*Goes to get foil helmet*
---
#4LinktoDrinkPosted 2/8/2013 1:08:32 PM
I see it one of 2 ways. They are really pissed off at Nintendo for some reason, so they're giving them a huge middle finger, because no PR could ever be this bad on accident.

So it's either that, or like you said, they're not really delaying the game after all. They do this, get everyone up in arms, then "change their minds" and look like good guys in the end. As it stands right now, they are really looking like absolute scum. I thought Activision was bad, but they would never do anything like this.
#5OMG_AIDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:44:42 PM
yeah if they mend the situation they can go from looking like scum to looking like saints. When Sega delayed Anarchy Reigns last year (for absolutely no reason) it destroyed the way I view them as a company.

The PR swings and news articles would make a good, cheap ad campaign.
---
#6Virus66Posted 2/8/2013 1:53:51 PM
LinktoDrink posted...
I see it one of 2 ways. They are really pissed off at Nintendo for some reason, so they're giving them a huge middle finger, because no PR could ever be this bad on accident.

So it's either that, or like you said, they're not really delaying the game after all. They do this, get everyone up in arms, then "change their minds" and look like good guys in the end. As it stands right now, they are really looking like absolute scum. I thought Activision was bad, but they would never do anything like this.

Even if they decide to "change back" the release date, it still reflects horrifically bad on their image because they made the initial image. Remember their "for the fans" statement? Completely ignored the Nintendo fans...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#7Ryu XPosted 2/8/2013 1:59:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Ryu XPosted 2/8/2013 2:00:20 PM(edited)
Do you remember when,

Nintendo delayed Twilight Princess a whole year when it was already finished for GC so they could tack on motion controls and have it as a Wii launch game and to add insult to injury the Gamecube version was released a few weeks after the Wii version because Nintendo wanted people to buy a Wii at first.

In the end the GC version played much better then the Wii version because it just controlled better since it was built from the ground up with a traditional controller in mind.