Wii U sells 34K software units (including Nintendo Land) in January in UK

#31FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/9/2013 3:00:39 AM
from what i hear the game market in UK isnt doing very well at all but to stay on topic this is what happens when you have lack of first party games and advertising.
---
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3 (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#32SorsShinjoPosted 2/9/2013 3:19:58 AM
poo111111111111 posted...

- Been out what? A year come march? may? so lets say it's got at least 8 months worth of games and thus a larger install base.

thats not how install bases work
---
If you feel scammed by a company but don't want to stop playing their games: Buy them used, it's the smart gamer's boycott method
#33poo111111111111Posted 2/9/2013 3:26:56 AM
What you mean a larger install base isn't more people owning the console?
#34icarus231Posted 2/9/2013 6:40:36 AM
keniption posted...
I'm not on either side here. However I'm posting mostly because if the number was like 10mil. Almost everyone in this topic would be ok with this thread. Stop cherry picking.

if it was 20mil he wouldnt have posted
#35DarkAdonis123Posted 2/9/2013 6:50:17 AM
icarus231 posted...
keniption posted...
I'm not on either side here. However I'm posting mostly because if the number was like 10mil. Almost everyone in this topic would be ok with this thread. Stop cherry picking.

if it was 20mil he wouldnt have posted

He might not have, but it would've been posted no doubt. And with some banter like "lulz @ teh haterz" posted along with it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#36Oni_TaedoPosted 2/9/2013 7:32:05 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Vita wins x

Of course the Vita is considered a failure by the fans here, but the Wii U is not when the Vita sells more~

The problem with that logic, is that the Vita's been out for a year.

The Wii U hasn't.

On top of that, and correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not 100% certain of this, but hasn't the Vita also only sold roughly 2 million units between it's launch in Feb. 2012, and June?? I doubt that number has increased much. Five months, and all they see is 2 million units sold?

If the U's been out for three months, and has sold a million units a month, that's actually not bad.
Not to mention, the 3 million units is what was amount reportedly sold before this year began. Meaning it sold those units in a little over a month.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#37SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/9/2013 7:41:59 AM
powerade911 posted...
and your goal is.....?

The "trolls" that bash the Vita over sales don't have a goal either, if you want to try to use that piss ass line as your "logical" defense of Nintendo games flopping. Fanboys need to realize that the crap they say about other companies can be applied to Nintendo just as easily.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#38Oni_TaedoPosted 2/9/2013 7:46:40 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Vita wins x

Of course the Vita is considered a failure by the fans here, but the Wii U is not when the Vita sells more~

The problem with that logic, is that the Vita's been out for a year.

The Wii U hasn't.

On top of that, and correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not 100% certain of this, but hasn't the Vita also only sold roughly 2 million units between it's launch in Feb. 2012, and June?? I doubt that number has increased much. Five months, and all they see is 2 million units sold?

If the U's been out for three months, and has sold a million units a month, that's actually not bad.
Not to mention, the 3 million units is what was amount reportedly sold before this year began. Meaning it sold those units in a little over a month.

And sleep deprivation blinds me to the fact that you were talking about software sales, and not hardware. DERP!

---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.