So... its gonna be interesting to see how Nintendo pulls out of this tailspin...

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/8/2013 2:29:04 PM
Now, before you yell "troll!!!", just know I AM A WII U OWNER AND A NINTENDO FAN.

However, even I cant deny that things are currently not so great for the U.

1. Its losing the exclusives it has, in regards to Rayman and Razors edge. Not ideal.

2. Major games are skipping the console. No Madden, and its reported that CEO of Activision is currently not happy with the Wii Us performance, so it honestly would surprise me if we lose some Activision support as well. Now, I dont like Madden or Call of Duty, but... If you are losing support from two of the biggest 3rd party devs in the world... thats not good.

3. There really isnt much on the current horizon. We've got Monster Hunter coming up, and... thats mostly it in the near future.

That said, Im not saying that Nintendo cant pull out of it, or that "Nintendooooomed", as I think they can pull it off. Im just interested in how.

Personally, I think they need to go the 3ds route: A major price cut, some third party Nintendo Directs, and get WWHD out there ASAP!!!

The price cut combined with OoT3D GREATLY helped 3DS sales at the time, and Im thinking this same scenario could help the U too.

Thoughts?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2AsuirPosted 2/8/2013 2:30:50 PM
We're still in the launch window, calm down.
---
Ftw!
#3PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:31:52 PM
Asuir posted...
We're still in the launch window, calm down.

No ones angry just sayin, even for launch window, it looks bad.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4wingo84Posted 2/8/2013 2:35:07 PM
It's not great but its not awful... We got Monster Hunter, Lego and Aliens next month at least
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#5Board_hunter567Posted 2/8/2013 2:40:02 PM
Possibly their best bet is what their competitors do, believe it or not.
#6PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:45:55 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Possibly their best bet is what their competitors do, believe it or not.

I could see that
---
#7PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:46:32 PM
wingo84 posted...
It's not great but its not awful... We got Monster Hunter, Lego and Aliens next month at least

True, but it may not be enough :/
---
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/8/2013 2:49:14 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
wingo84 posted...

True, but it may not be enough :/

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros, X, FE x SMT, Retro's game, etc
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#9The_BonesPosted 2/8/2013 2:57:06 PM
I do plan on getting the Wii U eventually but I personally don't think its too appealing of a system right now either. The 3rd party support isn't seeming any better than it was with the Wii and the lack of 1st party games at the moment gives me absolutely no reason to get one as of yet. The announcement of WW HD and X got me a little excited but they don't have a release in sight yet like SSB or a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.
#10PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:26 PM
The_Bones posted...
I do plan on getting the Wii U eventually but I personally don't think its too appealing of a system right now either. The 3rd party support isn't seeming any better than it was with the Wii and the lack of 1st party games at the moment gives me absolutely no reason to get one as of yet. The announcement of WW HD and X got me a little excited but they don't have a release in sight yet like SSB or a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.

Yeah I think a third part Direct could do alot of good right now. I know Nintendo probably doesnt want to "blow there load" before E3, but they should probably do something asap.
---