So... its gonna be interesting to see how Nintendo pulls out of this tailspin...

#51PSOLavisPosted 2/8/2013 6:53:20 PM
blankempathy posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
wingo84 posted...
It's not great but its not awful... We got Monster Hunter, Lego and Aliens next month at least

True, but it may not be enough :/

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros, X, FE x SMT, Retro's game, etc

Please list those release dates, thanks

Oh wait

And yet no release dates don't stop these games from coming out in the future. Not to mention other games that may have not been announced.

What matters is the present. At present not one of those games is out. Even without delays some of those games may not even be out until 2014. When people say the wii u has no games, it's true. Just saying there will one day be said game does not make it magically materialize.
#52blankempathyPosted 2/8/2013 6:56:39 PM
PSOLavis posted...
What matters is the present. At present not one of those games is out. Even without delays some of those games may not even be out until 2014. When people say the wii u has no games, it's true. Just saying there will one day be said game does not make it magically materialize.

And yet it only matters if the wii u is your only system. At the present I'm busy with other games. Only fanboys care about what games are exclusives.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#53PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:48:26 PM
Lets try to keep it civil by the way :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#54PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:28:20 PM
I believe that a combination of these announced games AND a price drop will put them back on track. The more consoles you have in homes, the more potential customers you have for a third party product as well. By that logic, this may lure some more of these devs in to giving the U some love.

I firmly believe a price cut is the most important aspect of this strategy right now. The consumer veiws it as overpriced, whether it really is or not.

Thats probably the biggest barrier I can see at the moment.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#55PendragoonPosted 2/8/2013 10:55:21 PM
Nintendo has become profitable again, so technically the tail spin has leveled off and is climbing again. Plus, Tax Returns are starting to come in now, this is when people blow them on frivolous things, like a game console or a new TV. Now is not the time for a price drop. (but the ZombiU bundle is well timed)

Nintendo's biggest issue with the Wii U is that they have at least a one year head start, and they need to take full advantage of it asap. As it stands now their lead will be fairly decent, but not as good as it could be. If sales fail to pick up by May they will probably start planning a new bundle for the Fall that will be similar to the ZombiU bundle, but with Mario at the regular Deluxe pricing. (depending on what Sony and Microsoft do of course) The basic console may be phased out all together since everyone wants the deluxe anyway. (I rarely see Deluxe units in stock, but basic units are always easy to find)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#56FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/8/2013 11:05:13 PM
once nintendo actually starts supporting wiiu with there content the system will turn around like the 3ds did.
---
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3 (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#57ChipChippersonPosted 2/8/2013 11:55:42 PM
blankempathy posted...
PSOLavis posted...

And yet it only matters if the wii u is your only system. At the present I'm busy with other games. Only fanboys care about what games are exclusives.

The U is the only current system I still own and I'm not sitting here chanting 'oh geez, oh geez' as I poop bricks. That's because I have other hobbies and don't sit obsessing over bloody video games all day.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#58ValzacardXPosted 2/9/2013 12:00:17 AM
Pffff COD lol, just toss out Super Smash Bros, and an open world Pokemon and its all good. Lets not even add in the guaranteed Mario/Zelda/First party titles that will come. Plus a perfect time to bring back old titles and give em the Kid Icarus treatment. Plus I think Wind Waker is just the start as far as games getting the "HD" treatment.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#59devilinsiderockPosted 2/9/2013 12:04:24 AM
Nintendo was so worried about being ahead of the competition they release a console that can run along current consoles, but will get eclipsed when the new consoles arrive. And for what? what's the point of releasing a console a year early if you aren't going to take advantage of it? months without new games and then piss off a bunch of customers by delaying the release of a big series so it's the same time as the competition.
#60AceMosPosted 2/9/2013 12:09:07 AM
wii u on the verge of out selling the vita

selling faster than the ps3 and teh 360 at there start

still has the 3Ds the fastest selling game device ever

and has pachter saying bad things about them which is allwasy a postive thing
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*