Why is Rayman such a big deal all of a sudden?

#1Ryu XPosted 2/8/2013 3:14:14 PM
How many of you have played Rayman Origins? Because Rayman Legends is really similar to it. If anything its just a really ordinary platformer. Rayman doesn't even sell that well has a lot French humor in it that a lot of people just don't care for.

Rayman Origins sales figures
PS3 - 720,000
360 - 555,000
Wii - 420,000

This game sold about 1.7 million copies total on all systems it was released for. Rayman has never been a major release or a highly anticipated game.

Considering the Wii sold about 98 million consoles and it sold a measly 420k copies of Rayman Origins. This isn't a hot selling game by any means.
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/8/2013 3:16:12 PM
Vgchartz?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#3Baha05Posted 2/8/2013 3:16:30 PM
It's more the fact that it got pushed back to try to make the most money rather then releasing the finished products
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/8/2013 3:16:34 PM
I never really cared for Rayman.

Now watch me get called a flip flopper despite never praising the series. Ever.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#5wingo84Posted 2/8/2013 3:17:00 PM
Because it looks awesome?
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#6jackorhoadsPosted 2/8/2013 3:17:59 PM
Any excuse to slam the wiiu and nintendo. It probably got more attention because of the limited game library. Either way I wasn't going to buy it - but sucks for the people who were hyped.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#7Bahamut_10thPosted 2/8/2013 3:20:09 PM
You don't get it.
The Wii U doesn't has more than a few games worth buying at the moment.
Many people were looking forward to Rayman because it would be one good game to play while bigger and more hyped games were coming later.
That's also the reason the game could have had a lot more atention than it will ever get from old and new players.

Now Ubisoft delayed the release for september no one will care about it, it will sell like crap despide the bigger userbase. Too many antecipated titles will be coming around that month.
#8VRX3000Posted 2/8/2013 3:21:04 PM
1) Because I played the demo and loved it.
2) I already paid for it in full
3) It is already complete
4) It was kind of a game drought right now so it was the perfect time to release a good "not big name" game. It WILL get clobbered holiday season with too many big names out there. That's why Fire Emblem is doing great right now. Dry spells are the perfect time to get sales. Fire Emblem in September however, would lose half the sales because Mario would drown it out.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#9Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:14 PM
Let's see... Why is one of the most established series in the world a big deal? Hmm... I dunno!
#10genlockPosted 2/8/2013 3:25:03 PM
TC, I agree. This game doesn't even really look that interesting, even with the WiiMote
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?