Why is Rayman such a big deal all of a sudden?

#21sonic777Posted 2/8/2013 5:27:27 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Vgchartz?

They're good for estimations, but not exact numbers.

Anyways, we can conclude that Rayman Origins sold best on PS3. Big surprise, because Rayman is associated more with PlayStation than Nintendo or especially Xbox.

Don't mind him. He's convinced he's entirely objective, and not completely loyal to Nintendo. He's like their guard dog or something.

Only he knows exactly how many copies of Rayman sold on Wii. The exact number. Not some silly website who devotes their energy to getting estimations.
#22Beatperson14Posted 2/8/2013 5:30:15 PM
DTY3 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Let's see... Why is one of the most established series in the world a big deal? Hmm... I dunno!

One of the most established series? lmao.

I like Rayman, but lol.

Yeah, you're right! NO ONE plays Rayman! Lol!
#23IronticsDragonLPosted 2/8/2013 5:53:42 PM
Ryu X posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
genlock posted...
TC, I agree. This game doesn't even really look that interesting, even with the WiiMote

You and TC must have never played Rayman is a child. Sad.

Snip

Well, the fact that you played Mario beforehand might had something to do with not being interested in Rayman, but the real reason why everyone was talking Rayman was that it was DELAYED TO SEPTEMBER AT THE LAST SECOND WHEN THE GAME WAS FREAKING FINISHED.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#24Dr Edward RoivasPosted 2/8/2013 6:11:20 PM
Rayman just has great physics and level design in general, and crazy charming presentation. I loved Rayman Advance.

It must be kind of icky, to be waiting for this game, and then have to wait so much longer, even after playing the demo. Guaranteed, there will be some people disappointed, only because of how bitterly long the wait will have been.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#25Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/8/2013 6:13:12 PM
People like drama tc that's why. Personally I dont care about the rayman series so I dont care at all about the 7 month delay for the new game but I do feel for the ppl that actually wanted to play the game in 3 weeks and are real fans of it.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#26DTY3Posted 2/8/2013 8:21:50 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Let's see... Why is one of the most established series in the world a big deal? Hmm... I dunno!

One of the most established series? lmao.

I like Rayman, but lol.

Yeah, you're right! NO ONE plays Rayman! Lol!

Not what I said...Im just saying Rayman is nowhere near as relevant as you wanna believe...sorry bud :/
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#27DarkAdonis123Posted 2/8/2013 8:26:04 PM
Ryu X posted...
How many of you have played Rayman Origins? Because Rayman Legends is really similar to it. If anything its just a really ordinary platformer. Rayman doesn't even sell that well has a lot French humor in it that a lot of people just don't care for.

Rayman Origins sales figures
PS3 - 720,000
360 - 555,000
Wii - 420,000

This game sold about 1.7 million copies total on all systems it was released for. Rayman has never been a major release or a highly anticipated game.

Considering the Wii sold about 98 million consoles and it sold a measly 420k copies of Rayman Origins. This isn't a hot selling game by any means.

Your sales estimate is not accurate. You left off PC, 3DS, and Vita.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#28leopoldsharkPosted 2/8/2013 8:59:45 PM
Why? Rayman is a very good platforming franchise that has been with a lot of us since we were kids, and Rayman Origins was a very good and highly acclaimed entry. PS3 and X360 owners may have been shocked that the sequel was announced as a Wii U exclusive, but this was because it was going to utilize the GamePad in ways that the other consoles could not do and truly show off the GamePad's capabilities.

The demo was released and people really enjoyed it. Some people might have been convinced enough to get a Wii U just for that game. Things were going swimmingly until yesterday when Ubi drops the bombshell that the game has to be delayed until September. This is good news for the fans on the Xbox 360 or PS3 that don't have to buy a whole console just to play Rayman, but this is ultimately bad news for everyone as because of business deals, now nobody gets to play the game until September. Wii U owners are even more pissed because it is basically finished and the finished game is having to be delayed.

I don't know if Ubi is going to try to implement the gamepad features in other ways for the other consoles or just remove them entirely. The Wii U version will still be the definitive version of the game. People are mad because they have to wait 6 months to play it. The people who are mad about it not being an exclusive anymore shouldn't be.
#29keybladeXIIIPosted 2/8/2013 9:03:36 PM
1) Because I played the demo and loved it.
2) I already paid for it in full
3) It is already complete
4) It was kind of a game drought right now so it was the perfect time to release a good "not big name" game. It WILL get clobbered holiday season with too many big names out there. That's why Fire Emblem is doing great right now. Dry spells are the perfect time to get sales. Fire Emblem in September however, would lose half the sales because Mario would drown it out.

This. There's no WAY I'm going to be playing this game at the same time GTA V comes out, as well as the new Mario kart and Wind Waker HD. And I know I'm not the only one.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#30Elements012894Posted 2/9/2013 2:15:04 AM
Because it looked alot better then origins, which was somewhat boring by the mid way point imo. And the fact it was coming out in weeks. Now for the sake of releasing it for other console, Ubisoft delays it for like 6 months freaking months when we know without a doubt the game is finished a ready to go.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.