3rd party companies don't know what they want

#1Justice_ApolloPosted 2/8/2013 4:32:55 PM
Before the Wii U, it was hard for 3rd party companies because Nintendo 1st party games would get all the atention since the first days of a console. Nintendo also focused on doing the marketing solely for their games.

This was a serious problem 3rd party companies had with Nintendo systems.
Nintendo went with a different approach with the Wii U, leaving nearly the entire launch - launch window for 3rd party games to occupy the slots.
And what's the first thing those companies do? Cancel or delay their releases.
Look, if you think there aren't enough Wii U owners and the launch window was given to you, blame yourselves for making crappy ports or games that aren't appealing enough to convince people to buy the console on their own.
If Nintendo released a Mario game or a Zelda you'd be whining they get in the way of your sales.

Companies like Activision, EA and others, should just come out and admit they're biased against Nintendo.
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#2Lefty128kPosted 2/8/2013 4:37:34 PM
Those "crappy ports or games" manage to sell other consoles.

That only leaves the Wii U and/or Nintendo as the problem, for whatever reason.
#3Baha05Posted 2/8/2013 4:38:50 PM
Lefty128k posted...

Those games also been out longer or released on consoles with huge fanbases.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Justice_Apollo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:39:02 PM
Lefty128k posted...

The originals were better than the Wii U ports.

Why would they think a crappier version of their games would sell Wii Us?
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#5Chocobo115Posted 2/8/2013 4:42:32 PM
Many gamers buy Nintendo consoles (me included) as side consoles for the firstparty exclusive games. whilst they buy the 3rd party multiplats for their mainconsole...
#6Lefty128kPosted 2/8/2013 4:44:01 PM
Baha05 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Those games also been out longer or released on consoles with huge fanbases.

Not when the consoles were launched.

Also, bundles are more or less specifically created to entice new purchasers. Sony does quite a few with third party titles. AC3 being one of the most recent.

So, that still leaves Nintendo/Wii U as the problem.
#7Lefty128kPosted 2/8/2013 4:48:49 PM
Justice_Apollo posted...
Lefty128k posted...

The originals were better than the Wii U ports.

Why would they think a crappier version of their games would sell Wii Us?

Since a lot of those games aren't being released or delayed, you haven't played them and cannot judge them "crappy" and don't really know how they compare to the other consoles. So your whole "crappy ports or games" premise falls flat on it's face.

That also nullifies your question there.
#8AceMosPosted 2/8/2013 4:50:02 PM
3rd party games tend to sell around the same as they would on sony or microsoft

the problem thoe is

3rd party devs for some reason expect nintedo lvl of sales something few games ever reach and NO 3rd party devs hit it its sprinked across all 3rd party devs
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#9Warmonger222Posted 2/8/2013 4:57:53 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Many gamers buy Nintendo consoles (me included) as their main consoles for the firstparty exclusive games. whilst they buy the 3rd party multiplats for their side console...

This is what I did this gen, but there is NO way I'm getting fooled into buying the next XBox. MAYBE the PS4 if they dont screw it up but Wii U is definitely my main this gen.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#10lp913Posted 2/8/2013 6:43:45 PM
Definitely agrees with this and it shows with the decision made with Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and to an extent, Capcoms own choosing Resident Evil Revelations over making an all new better Resident Evil game altogether instead after promising NOT to port any more games around.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]