A bundle?? After....3 months?

#81mjc0961Posted 2/8/2013 7:44:31 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
There were not bundles at launch? What? There was the basic, and the deluxe. There was no bundles.

bad troll is bad
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#82DragonyeuwPosted 2/8/2013 11:01:32 PM
There was a time when systems seemed to launch regularly with a bundled game or something.

Bottomline, there are advantages to not buying right away, like being able to get more for your dollar. Patience is a virtue.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#83SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/8/2013 11:15:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
If it came out a year later, sure, that I could see. Bundles of course do and always will come out, but a mere 3 months after the fact?

Why pre order a console then? Why buy anything at launch?

You buy launch consoles because you have hope in the system will have some with wild games in it's lie span. If you want to save money then you don't buy it at launch.

You can have that same fun if you buy the console later when these "wild games"(?) actually get released. No one has to buy a console at launch to enjoy the games of its entire life span. And those that wait for the games they will actually play might get them at lower cost of entry than launch buyers. So your "logic" is flawed if you think that's why you buy "launch consoles".
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#84RyuVegasPosted 2/8/2013 11:24:29 PM
Hmm.... I wonder if I can switch my Layawayed WiiU Deluxe set to this... It does seem like a wicked sweet deal. Including NintendoLand being Downloadable... >.>' Part of me didn't want to waste disc space with that. '<.<
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: KI:U, OoT3D, SM3DL
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#85AceMosPosted 2/8/2013 11:31:39 PM
ITT ppls first console
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#86ChipChippersonPosted 2/9/2013 12:15:37 AM(edited)
We're so used to bending over, taking it and getting nothing from the industry that I can see how people would think it's odd that they actually get something for their money. What's now called a 'bundle' used to be common practice i.e. games included, an extra controller, etc. The past several gens have conditioned us to getting the absolute bare minimum despite being charged top dollar. Here enjoy your $400 console, don't forget to buy a game, memory card/hard drive, online service, hdmi cable, battery charger, extra controller, etc.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#87ValzacardXPosted 2/9/2013 12:52:48 AM
Uhh Late adopters FTW? I guess some people might be really mad at this, especially is they just bought a Wii U,but things like this come with the territory. Now honestly I was expecting a Monster Hunter bundle to be announced, but I don't think it could top this. I was going to wait till April with a solid release date for Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101, but I guess I can hop on this and get started on my Wii backlog.

But at the end of the day I can see this turning a lot of consumers off, and waiting, but I think Microsoft and Sony(well to a lesser extent) hyping the hell out off their next gen systems to get a good launch.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#88RyuuHou25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:31:38 AM(edited)
mjc0961 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
There were not bundles at launch? What? There was the basic, and the deluxe. There was no bundles.

bad troll is bad

I reiterate, there were not bundles at launch. Options =/= bundles.

EDIT: Europe had a similar bundle to the one in OP which didn't include Nintendo Land, and of course Japan had the Monster Hunter bundle.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#89kdognumba1Posted 2/9/2013 1:22:32 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

bad troll is bad

I reiterate, there were not bundles at launch. Options =/= bundles.

This bundle was available in Europe at launch, the same way the Monster Hunter bundle was available in Japan at launch. NA was the only region that didn't have either or a bundle to compensate.

Also notice, this bundle news came the same day Ubisoft started getting flack for the Rayman Legends push back debacle. This could also be linked to that as well.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#90pearl arowanaPosted 2/9/2013 1:24:56 AM
retailer are cutting the price off wii u on their own the clear wii u in stock. wii u is dying. apparently ps3 and 360 are better console than wii u. unless mario is ur main game
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]