I just proved the Zelda Cycle wrong!

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/8/2013 7:32:10 PM
I was able to successfully go from hating Skyward Sword to liking it before Zelda U is even announced!
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#2MerisYakiPosted 2/8/2013 7:34:13 PM
You magically like retreading now?
#3ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/8/2013 7:35:43 PM
I'm curious to know what changed your mind.
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:36:45 PM
MerisYaki posted...
You magically like retreading now?

I haven't gotten to those parts yet.

At the third dungeon and so far I think I'd give the game a 8.5, I would like to give it more and hopefully I will but right now it's still the weakest out of all of most of the 3D Zelda games, flying isn't as relaxing as Wind Waker's sailing, exploration isn't as fun as Ocarina of Time, and I feel the story is trying to hard to be something that it's not.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#5MooglePeruPosted 2/8/2013 7:38:23 PM
But SS is like, the worst of them all.
---
My Backloggery: Only fun games allowed!
http://www.backloggery.com/moogleperu
#6KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:38:25 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I'm curious to know what changed your mind.

On my wii's setup I had to stand up to play the game almost constantly and it wasn't very comfortable. I quit once bombs were introduced because I could never get rolling to work and I hated the motion controls.

I'm used to the motion controls now and my Wii U set up allows me to do the bomb rolling easily, I also have come to appreciate the art style instead of hating it. Some of the character models are dumb though and I feel that they could have done a little more for Beedle, maybe new voice clips and reorchestrated music.
---
#7KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:39:23 PM
MooglePeru posted...
But SS is like, the worst of them all.

that's why the Zelda series is so good. Even the worst title in the series is still a great game.
---
#8mjc0961Posted 2/8/2013 7:57:31 PM
No you didn't. The Zelda Cycle is still true. It's a generalization, and like all generalizations, it has exceptions. It has outliers. But it applies to the majority just fine, so you haven't disproved anything.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#9cucumberkingPosted 2/8/2013 8:13:35 PM
I love that freaking game. So much.
#10KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:25:33 AM
mjc0961 posted...
No you didn't. The Zelda Cycle is still true. It's a generalization, and like all generalizations, it has exceptions. It has outliers. But it applies to the majority just fine, so you haven't disproved anything.

not really look at all of those review scores, the worst review score was 7/10. and that's not bad.

I believe the Zelda Cycle is backwards because every time a new zelda game comes out people say it's the best one yet when in actuality people are just blinded by the newness. Not saying Skyward Sword is a bad game but it's no where near as good as OoT/MM/WW.

It is better then Twilight Princess though.
---