It feels like Nintendo bet on the wrong technology this time

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 2/8/2013 8:13:16 PM
Betting on motion controls low-end graphics made the Wii a success, betting on a screen in the middle of the controller with low-end graphics seems to be whats making the Wii U struggle.

I'd take a $400 console that chose not to have a screen on the controller and used the cost to pack in the best graphics at that price rather than the way the Wii U was designed.
---
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2dennis941012Posted 2/8/2013 8:16:16 PM
Betting on motion controls low-end graphics made the Wii a success, betting on a screen in the middle of the controller with low-end graphics seems to be whats making the Wii U struggle.

I'd take a $400 console that chose not to have a screen on the controller and used the cost to pack in the best graphics at that price rather than the way the Wii U was designed.

$300/$350
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#3Z_ZawPosted 2/8/2013 8:18:44 PM
I dont think this topic is accurate, considering we have no idea what the Wii U is capable of yet. But I do agree on one thing, Nintendo has been making a lot of mistakes lately. If it wasnt for their solid history I would have been worried.
#4Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/8/2013 8:24:14 PM
Wii Sports was what propelled the Wii to super-popularity. Nintendo was hoping Nintendo Land would do the same for the Wii U, but it didn't.

That's not to say that a killer use of the gamepad couldn't come out later and blow everyone away, making the Wii U take off. More likely it'll just have slow and steady sales to be a moderate success once Nintendo's 1st-party stuff comes out, but you never know.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.