Wind waker hd wont be more then $25 right?

#61ElectricMolePosted 2/9/2013 12:51:11 PM
I still think redrawing/overhauling a cel shaded game is a huge waste of time. Whats worse is that it also bumps up the retail price of the game. just a dumb decision on Aonuma's part.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/9/2013 2:02:55 PM
abort_mission posted...
Giygasminion posted...
This is a remake, not just a port like most HD collections.

do you have actual proof of this? from the screenshots it looks like they just added bloom and removed the cel shading. im not saying youre wrong, just that it seems we have very little info at this point.

They didn't remove cellshading, and the entire lighting pipeline is redone.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#63abort_missionPosted 2/9/2013 6:30:22 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
abort_mission posted...
Giygasminion posted...

do you have actual proof of this? from the screenshots it looks like they just added bloom and removed the cel shading. im not saying youre wrong, just that it seems we have very little info at this point.

do you know what cel shading is? its not on the character models in the game. im not saying the final game wont have cel shading but its definitely not in the screen shots weve seen.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#64abort_missionPosted 2/9/2013 6:40:48 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
abort_mission posted...
Giygasminion posted...

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker/0/08/Comparison_4_-_HD.jpg

this is not cel shading. im not the first person to notice this. quite a few people have been talking about it. in most games with cel shading its usually just the characters themselves that are actually cel shaded btw so thats how you can spot if the game is using cel shading or not. i suppose is listening to a 10 year old criticism which was BS back then.

and before anyone says its because hes in shadow. its not. this is a comparitive shot of link standing in shadow.

http://media.arkade.me/upl/2013/01/Screen1-Large.jpg
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."