Rayman Legends petition over 4,000 signatures! :D

#31iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 1:43:02 AM
Mixorz posted...
iKhanic posted...
Z_Zaw posted...
iKhanic posted...
Z_Zaw posted...
With 3 million Wii U's out, there is no point in releasing it. its just going to flop and scare away even more 3rd party developers away. I'd much rather see it have a chance at selling well than have a guaranteed low sales if it came out Feb.

1. What 3rd Party developers have been scared away right now? Last time I checked, developers are still thinking about developing GTA 5 and Bioshock Infinite for the Wii U.

2. It doesn't matter. Ubisoft is still delaying a completed game by more than half a year. And they have been advertising it as a Wii U system seller for more than a year. What they are doing is just dirty and backhanded.

One thing is taking developing seriously and another much different thing is porting games. Even if those titles come to the Wii U (which, more than likely like Lara Croft, Crysis 3, DkS 2 etc etc) will not.

They will more than likely be badly made ports from developers who dont give 2 cents about the Wii U. I own the console from day one and really like its potential but I am not oblivious to the stench slowly surrounding it, something that Rayman sales this month would have confirmed, just like ZombiU's sales did.

You do realize they wouldn't be ports, they would be multiplatform games.

Batman Arkham City on the Wii U was a port, Assassin's Creed III was a multiplatform game.

And again, delaying a completed game by 7 months is still unacceptable. Especially when it will be released along side a bunch of other much more anticipated games

Makes sense from a buiness standpoint. Why spend money marketing the game twice when you only need to pay once if they're released at the same time. People don't understand business around here.

Except they have already been marketing Rayman Legends for the Wii U since 2012
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#32nonexistingheroPosted 2/9/2013 1:51:26 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
Z_Zaw posted...
With 3 million Wii U's out, there is no point in releasing it. its just going to flop and scare away even more 3rd party developers away. I'd much rather see it have a chance at selling well than have a guaranteed low sales if it came out Feb.

Yup. The same thing happened to SSF4 3D. It sold way worse than it would have if it would have been released when there were more games on the 3DS.

It sold almost a million. And NSMBU already sold about 1.5 million. Rayman Origins is also the type of game that will sell consistently. In September almost no Wii U owner will care. If they had kept the current release date, it would've had potential for gathering over 1 million lifetime sales for the Wii U version alone, but right now I think they won't even break 200k.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33MixorzPosted 2/9/2013 2:01:47 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Z_Zaw posted...

Yup. The same thing happened to SSF4 3D. It sold way worse than it would have if it would have been released when there were more games on the 3DS.

It sold almost a million. And NSMBU already sold about 1.5 million. Rayman Origins is also the type of game that will sell consistently. In September almost no Wii U owner will care. If they had kept the current release date, it would've had potential for gathering over 1 million lifetime sales for the Wii U version alone, but right now I think they won't even break 200k.

Doesn't matter. If it were a Wii U exclusive it would be lucky to hit 200K. Going multiplatform will probably get about 2 million. It's worth the sacrifice. Now if Zombie U had better numbers it would probably remain exclusive.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#34Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/9/2013 3:26:30 AM
4000 eh? .... well its more than the amount of online players in Wii U Blops 2. So that's good....? right?

Instead of this pathetic display of whining. You guys should hit Nintendo on the head and tell them to advertise so that people might understand that Wii U is not a Wii add-on.

Stupid Nintendo and their stupid stupid names. Wii2, and just Super Mario Brothers 4 and 5 etc. So people know what it is ffs.

#35UmitenchoPosted 2/9/2013 3:28:58 AM
I was never gonna buy the game either way. So I won't sign it.
#36nonexistingheroPosted 2/9/2013 4:38:00 AM
Mixorz posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Z_Zaw posted...

Doesn't matter. If it were a Wii U exclusive it would be lucky to hit 200K. Going multiplatform will probably get about 2 million. It's worth the sacrifice. Now if Zombie U had better numbers it would probably remain exclusive.

Would've sold way more than 200k. It's been months since a good game was released for the Wii you. Many folks are dying to buy a new good game. You can't expect hungry men to say 'no' when you give them food.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#37DBeanPosted 2/9/2013 5:48:02 AM
Just saying Rayman 3D benefited by being released in a lull period on that handheld. Between that and knowing that Origins hit bargain bin prices thanks to other big titles coming out right around when it did kind of puts the writing on the wall. They even had Nintendo doing the advertising for this one for them with all those demo kiosks, and Ubi will probably see the hit when people are buying the game for $20 in the fall on all consoles instead of $60 right now on one. Never mind that stores will be using those shelves for said big titles. It's an all-around confusing business decision.
#38_Sovereign_Posted 2/9/2013 7:50:15 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
4000 eh? .... well its more than the amount of online players in Wii U Blops 2. So that's good....? right?

Instead of this pathetic display of whining. You guys should hit Nintendo on the head and tell them to advertise so that people might understand that Wii U is not a Wii add-on.

Stupid Nintendo and their stupid stupid names. Wii2, and just Super Mario Brothers 4 and 5 etc. So people know what it is ffs.

You mean stupid consumers. Anything that interests me I will go and research. The commercials for the Wii U are plenty indicative that it's a new system. Someone still sued for spilling hot coffee on themselves remember?
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#39ShiftyCatPosted 2/9/2013 7:55:14 AM
It does suck we have to wait. I don''t want all those developers hard work to go to waste though either. Hopefully by the fall Wii U's population will be greater. Word of mouth between all consoles will help sell the game on it's quality. It's a series I would like to see continue and unfortunately selling it on Wii U right now would hinder those chances.
---
X360 : PoopMyster PS3 : Shiftycat
#40Bahamut_10thPosted 2/9/2013 7:56:17 AM
Nearing 5.5k and counting...