Rayman Legends petition over 4,000 signatures! :D

#41ShiftyCatPosted 2/9/2013 6:56:58 AM
think of it this way. how much do you think this game cost to make? say 30 million. how many Wii U copies would you have to sell to get that back considering Wii U's population is about 3 million. Why just toss money in the garbage?
---
X360 : PoopMyster PS3 : Shiftycat
#42NerdstickPosted 2/9/2013 7:02:14 AM(edited)
_Sovereign_ posted...

You mean stupid consumers. Anything that interests me I will go and research. The commercials for the Wii U are plenty indicative that it's a new system. Someone still sued for spilling hot coffee on themselves remember?

Really tired of hearing that case being brought up. They didn't sue because they burned themselves, it was because the coffee was far hotter than it should have been, resulting in third degree burns. The fact that McDonalds lost the case proves it wasn't frivolous and the case would have never happened had McDonalds settled for the cost of her medical bills, which is what she originally asked for and they refused to pay even a fraction of. Stop bringing it up.

Your example only goes to show that you're the one ill-informed, nice hypocrisy..
#43ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/9/2013 7:29:03 AM
I'm a loser so I signed the petition too. I doubt it'll do anything but it only took 30 secs out of my life so why not.

I was thinking about that new "exclusive" demo. Demos are to convince you to buy a game. Well the first demo convinced me to buy it so why the f*** am I not able to?
#44IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/9/2013 7:41:04 AM
I will sign later on. That being said, Ubi pulled an absolute dick move and they are suffering the consequences for it. It is only right, they deserve to have the title drop to bargain bin pricing months after release for what they did. They pissed off those whom were dying for a great game by doing this move. I for one will not be buying it until it hits 20 bucks. Don't care that it will be multiplat, it is the delay that pissed me off. I can't wait to see this game tank. Less than 500K worldwide on all three consoles. Bank on it!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#45tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/9/2013 8:01:34 AM
ShiftyCat posted...
think of it this way. how much do you think this game cost to make? say 30 million. how many Wii U copies would you have to sell to get that back considering Wii U's population is about 3 million. Why just toss money in the garbage?

30 million is a waaay outlandish estimate. 10 million is a better guess I'd say. And possibly still too high.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#46IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/9/2013 12:33:23 PM
Aaaand done, I'm a man of my word. Here's hoping ole' Ubi keeps seeing sales go down the toilet.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#47faramir77Posted 2/9/2013 10:46:31 PM
This is the most pathetic petition I've ever seen in my life. Fanboys are unbelievable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#48DBeanPosted 2/10/2013 4:18:23 AM
faramir77 posted...
This is the most pathetic petition I've ever seen in my life. Fanboys are unbelievable.

So are people that continue to think this is a "fanboy" issue like you. Just saying.

Again, what sense is there for a company to delay a finished game only to release it during a busy season like Ubisoft is doing? They're undercutting their own product, and they will pay for it in terms of lost sales when the game hits the bargain bin down the road. We already saw this story with Origins.
#49GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/10/2013 4:35:29 AM
>Thinking a petition with even as much as 20k signatures would do anything to sway the ego of a publishers top brass

You seem to think they give a damn about what the consumer wants. They don't. If they did, they would of released the game on time. They saw that the pre orders were and are weak, and really when it comes down to it, the videogame industry isn't about the consumer anymore, definitely not in the console space anyway. Its about big wigs making the shareholders happy and getting themselves a bonus for saving the company money.

And they're saving money by releasing the game in sept, hence only having to do one advertising/marketing campaign for the game. This is literally the only reason its been delayed, and its been cited already, many times at this point since the devs commented semi anonymously on the matter.

It would take 400k to a million signatures for them to even care, and even then, signatures are not a replacement for preorders, which to a publisher and shareholders is a more reliable and secure indication in their eyes.

And by the time you managed that many signatures, it would be september anyway, because this game just doesn't have that kind of demand. Not even close.

That fact that they kicked a finished game to sept solely for the sake of some saved advertising money should of already made you aware that they don't care about what *you* want as a consumer. This is really a waste of time, and only serves to placate yourself about the whole thing, like you're doing anything about it.

Unless the amount of preorders for the Wii U version managed to get high enough to where the profits would cover the additional ad campaign AS WELL as still return a profit on the Wii U version, then they will not bother. And anyone that knows the cost of advertising in gaming these days knows theres no way in hell they are reversing their plans. The last rayman sold terribly. The Wii U preorders of this one also must be fairly abysmal since they have decided to consolidate all of the console releases of it into one timeframe.

I get that the public and the education systems in the world have been dumbing people down, but seriously. I find it hard to believe that people have so little logic and critical thinking at their disposal in this day and age to not be able to realize that whats done is done, its for a reason, and nothing is going to change it.

If you want to make a change, boycott the game and ubisofts future titles. The devs already got paid anyway so its moot, you wont be 'hurting them'. Publishers use forum plants to spin stories and pretend devs are held hostage and that if you dont eat their **** then they are going to close studios and all that crap. Newsflash: western publishers fire devs right after a game sells, even when it sells well. Its a high turnover and ****ty industry, they do it regardless because they're cheap like that.

Learn how the real world works please. Hint: Its a ****ed up and harsh place.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#50GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/10/2013 4:47:22 AM
Also why in the hell is the signature goal 7k signatures? 7k is a pittance, you know that right?

It should be much higher, at least 100k.

7k isn't remotely enough demand to sway a publisher. Most games these days need to break 1-2 million sales or more to cover what was spent on advertising, while making a profit at the same time. 7k? Are you joking?
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888