Black Ops 2 has made the game drought easier.

#11PendragoonPosted 2/8/2013 11:37:19 PM
I've tried to get into Blops 2, but the lag compensation is just so random that it just isn't fun. I have being behind someone and unloading an entire clip into them only for them to spin around and one shot me. Other times you will run pat a wall to just randomly die only to see someone shooting you through a building thanks to the rubber banding. The net code is equally bad across all systems on this one. (CoD needs to spring for dedicated servers instead of P2P connections)

Then you have the Wii Remote aim assistance that allows people to waggle while shooting and hit anything on screen. (had one guy do it with the SMR, three shots, three hit markers all fired nowhere near me)

I would go back to CoD4 or MW2, but they are hacked beyond repair on the PS3. (played a round of TDM that had Search and Destroy rules, random speed ups and slowdowns, another had perfect aim, final kill cam was an across Quarry no scope sniper shot, another was super speed)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#12Imperfect_Dark2Posted 2/8/2013 11:55:57 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Then you have the Wii Remote aim assistance that allows people to waggle while shooting and hit anything on screen. (had one guy do it with the SMR, three shots, three hit markers all fired nowhere near me)

lololol

That's a problem with the killcams. The dual analogue controllers are super noob friendly and have way more aim assist. In fact, as of the latest update, the WiiMote has no aim assist at all.
---
NNID: Kangasaur
#13PendragoonPosted 2/9/2013 12:00:38 AM
Imperfect_Dark2 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

lololol

That's a problem with the killcams. The dual analogue controllers are super noob friendly and have way more aim assist. In fact, as of the latest update, the WiiMote has no aim assist at all.

Haven't played since the last update, I'll check it out. That waggle kill wasn't a kill cam issue, he actually did just that.
---
#14FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/9/2013 12:02:04 AM
i agree it is for me its my most played wii u game and the reason i picked it up on my wiiu over my ps3 because i knew a software drought was coming.
---
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3 (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#15PendragoonPosted 2/9/2013 11:41:20 AM
What ever they did on that last update really helped with hit detection and rubber banding. It is much more consistent now. Wii Remotes obviously still have some type of compensation that normal controllers don't, but it is nothing like it was before.
---
#16Skill4ReelPosted 2/9/2013 12:10:31 PM
Eh, well I'm glad someone is enjoying it. I honestly think that the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 cleansed me of this series. Without the easy trophy hunting that I was doing on previous versions of COD for PS3. There is absolutely no motivation for me to play this game on Wii U. I haven't even been interested enough in it to complete the single player campaign once, and I've owned the game since the first week the Wii U was available.

Don't care about zombies, and multiplayer...running around in circles on small maps while the game engine spawns other players next to me is even more annoying now than it was six years ago. Every time I play multiplayer, it's about five to ten minutes before I eventually get annoyed and pop the disc out.

The sad thing is COD on new consoles is going to be everything it is now with a new story line and slightly better graphics, but that will be "next gen" enough for people. While Battlefield is over there being the much better console game that it has been since Bad Company.

Bring on that Monster Hunter Ultimate until the Wii U gets a good online shooter.
#17DarkAdonis123Posted 2/9/2013 12:15:36 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
The game drought actually benefited Black Ops 2 more. All the fanboys crying that FPS games are bad and rehashes were forced to buy and then defend the game just to say they had something to play.

This
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#18Imperfect_Dark2Posted 2/9/2013 2:51:19 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
What ever they did on that last update really helped with hit detection and rubber banding. It is much more consistent now. Wii Remotes obviously still have some type of compensation that normal controllers don't, but it is nothing like it was before.

Yes, the update did help, and no, the WiiMote doesn't have any kind of 'compensation' that 'normal' controllers don't.

Try using the controller before you make claims like that.
---
NNID: Kangasaur
#19PendragoonPosted 2/9/2013 3:58:41 PM
Imperfect_Dark2 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Yes, the update did help, and no, the WiiMote doesn't have any kind of 'compensation' that 'normal' controllers don't.

Try using the controller before you make claims like that.

I have used the Wii Remote, and yes, there is compensation, just earlier there was a silenced Shotgun sniper that would one shot everyone regardless of distance or being anywhere on target. The Wii Remote also lacks the aim crawl when you are being shot, so it is a very unfair advantage still. (which is why I don't use it) Sadly the replays in theater mode don't show proper Wii Remote tracking.

Another advantage of Wii Remote aiming is shotgun rushers. Combine the better compensation with point anywhere aiming and you will almost never lose. Honestly, playing with a Wii Remote is setting the game to easy mode. (just less than it used to be)
---
#20diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 4:01:30 PM
I agree with TC.

Having BO2 is nice. And if all you have is a Wii U, then it does give lots of replay value because you don't have other games to finish.

But I also have Xenoblade to finish. So it's not a drought for everyone, just a minority of gamers that only have Wii U games.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade