Nintendo is not dying and the Wii U is not doomed.

#1iKhanicPosted 2/8/2013 10:37:20 PM
First of all, Nintendo has plenty of cash from the excellent performance of the Wii U. The 3DS is also selling well, and pretty much has a monopoly on the handheld market. So even if the Wii U is commercial flop, Nintendo will still be fine, although Iwata may not be CEO anymore.

Secondly, the Wii U just had a bad launch that Nintendo should have seen coming. It just really didn't have any 1st or 3rd party exclusives that really drew people to buy the system. However, that doesn't mean the console will automatically fail. 3rd Party developers are still considering bringing games like GTA V and Bioshock Infinite to the Wii U, so that indicates that companies really haven't "given up" on the Wii U. Nintendo is planning to release at least one 1st party title per month this year starting in March, so it will get the 1st party games to get the larger install base. From there, the Wii U will be fine, as it will have the appealing games that the launch lacked. Hell, I haven't even gotten a Wii U yet, and all I own is Nintendo consoles. I just don't see a reason to put down $350 for a console that has no game I particularly want. Sure I know I'll get it eventually, but there is no point in spending my money now.

Thirdly, Sony has already stated that they want to focus the PS4 on the "social aspect of gaming". I don't know what that means, but it clearly means they aren't putting all their resources into power. So that doesn't mean Nintendo is going to be killed in processing power this generation.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/8/2013 10:39:31 PM
First... I agree with you, they're not in really any 'doom' at this point.

Second, inb4reassurancetopic
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#3The_King82Posted 2/8/2013 10:40:05 PM
WiisUrance.
#4Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/8/2013 11:10:08 PM
Your right about the wii u not being doomed tc but this pointless troll bait topic sure is.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#5ADHDguitarPosted 2/8/2013 11:12:56 PM
Bait topic.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/8/2013 11:16:15 PM
I don't think its doomed by any means, but I do think its in a bad place right now.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7zfstarkPosted 2/8/2013 11:19:20 PM
Its funny to sit back and think just how long the Wii U has been out and compare its immediate launch titles with other past system launches and realize the bar for Nintendo is set way too high. I bought it and am happy with it currently, but as I cruise the boards and read the articles it seems that everybody - gamers and critics alike - expected a full library of games within a few weeks and when Nintendo didn't deliver the Wii U was just automatically a failure.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:21:47 PM
zfstark posted...
Its funny to sit back and think just how long the Wii U has been out and compare its immediate launch titles with other past system launches and realize the bar for Nintendo is set way too high. I bought it and am happy with it currently, but as I cruise the boards and read the articles it seems that everybody - gamers and critics alike - expected a full library of games within a few weeks and when Nintendo didn't deliver the Wii U was just automatically a failure.

I wanted a game like Twilight Princess or Super Mario 64, games that make me want to buy the console. Nothing of that sort came with launch, so I didn't buy it. I might reconsider when Pikmin 3 comes out, and by the time we get a new Mario 3D, I will definitely pull the trigger.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/8/2013 11:23:22 PM
zfstark posted...

No, people expected Nintendo to have 1st party games available for the first few months of the new consoles life, not rush it out and have nothing of their own to show for it at the start.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#10sythieriusPosted 2/8/2013 11:24:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLC9gELguQ