Something worth noting about Wii U

#1horror_spookyPosted 2/8/2013 11:54:41 PM
About a month ago, I posted here having problems getting my GamePad to work properly with the Wii U. The problem would go away, then come back. I thought I fixed it a million times, only for the problem to return for seemingly no reason.

Well, the reason I couldn't figure it out before was that I was missing a piece of the puzzle!

Back when I first got my Wii U, the freezing glitch was an issue. My Wii U, like many others, froze and made a scary loud noise after prolonged use until the update stopped this from happening. The only way to get the Wii U to become unfrozen was to do a hard restart by unplugging the console from the wall.

I remember now that back then, when I did this, I had the same GamePad issues as now. After a few hours, this problem went away and the system worked perfectly. Then I moved it upstairs and I started having these problems, which I've documented heavily on this board and won't bore you with any longer so I can get to my point.

My point is that while it has been plugged in upstairs, it has been subjected to power outages. I didn't realize this. The wiring in the upstairs of our house is awful, and if too many devices are plugged in, then the power upstairs will go out, and we have to go downstairs and flip a breaker. My brother kept trying to keep his space heather on too high, which kept causing power outages. This happened without me knowing, or else I would've taken it into account when I tried to figure out what the **** was wrong with Wii U.

Then we were playing the Wii U one day. We were playing a game of New Super Mario Bros. U together and the system was working perfectly. Then he quit so I switched to Netflix. He goes into his room, and I hear his heater come on, and then the power goes out. I turn the power back on, and then the Wii U starts acting up again.

I would love someone else here to test out their Wii U to see if it happens as well. It doesn't even need to be a hard restart, I discovered. Simply unplugging it and plugging it back in makes it mess up, too. At least, this is the case for my Wii U.

The solution to make it start working right again is to just leave the system on for a bit, plug in the GamePad, and let it charge with the Wii U on. Then it will work perfectly until the Wii U is either unplugged or it loses power in some other way.

tl;dr: The sun will destroy us all once it realizes it is truly a spaceship with a monkey brain
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2googlerPosted 2/9/2013 12:11:39 AM
I dont think it even needs to charge, I think it just has to be plugged in long enough to recalibrate with the system. Besides power issues (I know your pain - my apartment has these screw-in fuses that I have to stockpile because they burn out all the time), I'm guessing the same thing happens if the pad reaches beyond range or receives too much interference
#3horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:35:33 AM
googler posted...
I dont think it even needs to charge, I think it just has to be plugged in long enough to recalibrate with the system. Besides power issues (I know your pain - my apartment has these screw-in fuses that I have to stockpile because they burn out all the time), I'm guessing the same thing happens if the pad reaches beyond range or receives too much interference

You're probably right.

In any case, I haven't bothered using the system since the last power outage about a week ago, and am now trying to restore it to its proper state.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#4horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:08:09 PM
Eh, haven't been able to get it to work since the last power outage. Made arrangements so the power won't go out up here again, just hoping I can get it work again. =/
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#550inchDLPPosted 2/10/2013 2:19:40 AM
horror_spooky posted...
Eh, haven't been able to get it to work since the last power outage. Made arrangements so the power won't go out up here again, just hoping I can get it work again. =/

was the "arrangements" throwing the space heater out the window?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#6horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:37:25 AM
Well, I told him that if he turned it up obnoxiously high again I'd do just that. ;)
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#7HELZEROPosted 2/10/2013 11:40:49 AM
"tl;dr: The sun will destroy us all once it realizes it is truly a spaceship with a monkey brain"

lol!!!
#8horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:25:55 PM
My woes continue. V_V It's never gone this long without working. Maybe it's ruined. Meh.

I understand that there is a 1 year warranty that Nintendo will honor though, so I will look into that if I can't get the damn thing working again in a few days.

In the meantime, if anyone has anything to add or any possible fixes, I'm willing to try everything short of cracking the console open!
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#9Pkshootout13Posted 2/10/2013 7:34:38 PM
horror_spooky posted...
My woes continue. V_V It's never gone this long without working. Maybe it's ruined. Meh.

I understand that there is a 1 year warranty that Nintendo will honor though, so I will look into that if I can't get the damn thing working again in a few days.

In the meantime, if anyone has anything to add or any possible fixes, I'm willing to try everything short of cracking the console open!

Unplug everything from everything and just wait A good while. My wii u went on a spree of freezes in like two days so the next night I just unplugged everything for 24 hours and plugged it all back in and haven't had a problem since. I figure it's worth a try
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
RAVENS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!
#10horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:44:33 PM
I'll try that if problems persist
---
www.cheatmasters.com