How likely do you think a Ni No Kuni port is?

#1iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 12:39:55 AM
I'd say its fairly likely to happen next year, given Level-5's good relationship with Nintendo, and the game's whimsical art style that fits with what Nintendo is typically associated with.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2arkturus777Posted 2/9/2013 12:47:07 AM
Money from copies sold - cost to port = profit/loss

considering the low install base and the poor sales of 3rd party software, there is not likely to be much profit if any, so I doubt it. But you never know.

The game isn't as good as everyone makes out to be anyway.
#3RetroFanGirlPosted 2/9/2013 12:47:30 AM
Doubt it, just wait til PS4 and get a cheap used PS3, it has several exclusives worth getting it for, some of which have zero chance of moving to another system.
---
Hi.
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:04:52 AM
arkturus777 posted...

considering the low install base and the poor sales of 3rd party software, there is not likely to be much profit if any, so I doubt it. But you never know.

The Wii U will have a much stronger install base by the time fall rolls around. Right now its not to great because well... would you spend $350 for NSMBU, NintendoLand, and (if you like FPS's) ZombiU? Its features are really nice, and I will eventually buy one, but right now, the games available are not ones that I would preferably spend my time playing.

I'd much prefer playing the Operation Rainfall games and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

RetroFanGirl posted...
Doubt it, just wait til PS4 and get a cheap used PS3, it has several exclusives worth getting it for, some of which have zero chance of moving to another system.

Oh, I do plan on getting a PS3 for Ni No Kuni. I'm just wondering how likely a port is, because I like Nintendo and I want the best for them. Plus, if it is announced soon, I wouldn't have to buy a PS3.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5Bancario51Posted 2/9/2013 1:06:04 AM
I hope so. Then I can get some Wii U Wizard editions too.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 2/9/2013 1:12:25 AM
arkturus777 posted...

The first 2/3 of your post were spot on. The last 1/3 was way off. The game is excellent.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 1:15:04 AM
Rather unlikely, Level 5 has a pretty good relation with Sony too you know.
I think it would have been announced by now for japan in that case.
#8jairusmonillasPosted 2/9/2013 1:18:18 AM
Wii U owners only buy NIntendo 1st party games, I doubt any 3rd party would even bother porting their games to Wii U.
#9PendragoonPosted 2/9/2013 1:40:08 AM
The game started off on the DS, Level 5 then made a PS3 version of the game that truly showed off the Ghibli art style. Given how long ago the game came out in Japan, don't expect a Wii U version at all.

The game is great though, easily worth the price of a PS3.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:41:34 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The game started off on the DS, Level 5 then made a PS3 version of the game that truly showed off the Ghibli art style. Given how long ago the game came out in Japan, don't expect a Wii U version at all.

The game is great though, easily worth the price of a PS3.

Its the fact that it originally came out for the DS that I think its possible.
---