How likely do you think a Ni No Kuni port is?

#21iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:14:31 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
Ni No Kuni is not a good enough game to warrant buying a PS3. I'm an old school RPG player, and I couldn't have been more disappointed by it. It is not as pretty as people make it out to be, it's basically on par with early PS3 titles, only with greater detail. The combat is slow and clumsy, the voice acting is very poorly done and the only place the game really excels is the soundtrack. It's pretty sad to see the RPG genre in such a pitiful state, ten years ago it would have been a 6/10.

As for the odds of a port, the PS3 version isn't likely to be hugely profitable, if its profitable at all, so why would they waste money on a doomed Wii U port??

You are in the minority, most people are in love with the game, reviewers are in love with the game and it pretty much sold out day one (it had next to zero marketing too) the game is a hit in the US.

Hell I'm in love with the game from just watching reviews and footage.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#22sythieriusPosted 2/9/2013 4:22:09 AM
I'd rebuy it.
#23Oni_TaedoPosted 2/9/2013 4:29:06 AM
It looks nice, but I don't recommend it.
I tried the demo, and I couldn't even play for fifteen minutes. It was just so slow, and to be honest, kind of boring. Maybe they picked a bad place to start the demo, but it just wasn't interesting.

Go watch a Miyazaki film, and play a decent RPG, that should quell your hunger for a Studio Ghibli illustrated game.

To be honest, the only movie they've made that I gave a damn about, was Nausicaa, but mostly because of Patrick ******* Stewart, and Uma Thurman. Anyone else ever realize that her name means "Horse", in Japanese?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#24keniptionPosted 2/9/2013 4:44:39 AM(edited)
I got my plat in Ni No Kuni after about a week. I can say that more than likely it will not see a port to the Wii U. IF it did it would more than likely run poorly as it was programmed around the ps3 architecture.

Really good game.

The demo does not give it justice.
---
GT/PSN/Vita/Wii U/Steam/Raptr - Keniption
#25rexne1Posted 2/9/2013 5:14:02 AM
About as likely as my d**k falling off from too much sex.
#26monkeyspoonPosted 2/9/2013 5:49:40 AM
Id say its unlikely.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#27LurkerLordPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:17 AM
The GamePad would be perfect for Ni No Kuni.