Why do the character models look worse on Wind Waker HD than in the original?

#31Nok_Su_KowPosted 2/9/2013 10:32:48 AM(edited)
elheber posted...
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558363_468954886498980_159973991_n.jpg

Boom. Huge difference.

I wasn't really posting that for the game's favor, it just proves the style is more realistic than it was originally intended.

Also it clashes with the 2d structure of their bodies, particularly the eyes.
#32NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 10:32:10 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
because it's a HD port, same as why silent hill HD looks worse

that is a horrible comparison. Silent Hill HD looks worse because Konami screwed up the coding when being upscaled to HD.

Wind Waker HD on the other hand is not a port. It's literally a remake built from the ground up on a different engine.
#33AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:40:11 AM
Newbius posted...
Wind Waker HD on the other hand is not a port. It's literally a remake built from the ground up on a different engine.

I've seen a lot of people saying stuff like this but have yet to see anybody post a source which even remotely suggests it.

I am all ears.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#34Big_IsaacPosted 2/9/2013 10:44:49 AM
*sigh* here's a thought:
how about we wait until we get to see moving pictures of the final build instead of still photos from the beta stage?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#35NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 10:46:02 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...

I've seen a lot of people saying stuff like this but have yet to see anybody post a source which even remotely suggests it.

I am all ears.

Nintendo themselves stated that its a remake. that's all the proof you need.
#36AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:48:48 AM
Newbius posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...

I am all ears.

Could you please post a link to a source in which they say it's a remake built from the ground up on a different engine? If they just said it's a 'remake' then that's a vague term that could mean about a billion different things.
---
#37NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 11:01:19 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...

I am all ears.

Could you please post a link to a source in which they say it's a remake built from the ground up on a different engine? If they just said it's a 'remake' then that's a vague term that could mean about a billion different things.

*facepalm* go look it up yourself since you seem to be interested in figuring it out.
#38AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:07:20 AM(edited)
Newbius posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
Newbius posted...

I am all ears.

*facepalm* go look it up yourself since you seem to be interested in figuring it out.

Well Nintendo don't seem to have any information about it on their own website.

Gamespot call it a remake with 'remastered graphics'.

IGN says it has 'updated graphics and Miiverse integration'.

Eurogamer says 'overhauled graphics, Miiverse integration and GamePad play.'

I'm not finding anything suggesting it's a remake built from the ground up with a different engine. Maybe you could help me out with a link or maybe you could just admit that you were being overly presumptuous.
---
#39Dark_Link92Posted 2/9/2013 11:17:32 AM
Not a massive fan of the character models, but I'm going to assume that those are just not the best angles until we see footage.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#40star_guy_100Posted 2/9/2013 11:22:31 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
well seeing how the game is far from being done........

thats what they said about the sh hd collection and look what happened there.

but i agree link doesnt look good in the new one. it looks like they took a mii and made it into a link. i think the new one looks like complete crap honestly. i hope it looks beter when they release it or i wouldnt even pay $5 for it when the original looks better