Proof in the pudding. Bayonetta is staying exclusive.

#11SoaringDivePosted 2/9/2013 8:12:28 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
megax11 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
ME was funded by MS and went multiplat, though it was sold to EA before that happened. But who's to say Nintendo won't sell bayonetta 2 off, but I guess bayonetta has nobody wanting it in their favor for being an exclusive.

I know they published it. Can you show me a link to a reliable source that says ME was funded by MS?

Do you have a link to a reliable source saying they didn't?

The burden of proof falls on those making the claim. AKA you. So get at it.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#12plasmatic5Posted 2/9/2013 9:05:14 AM
megax11 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
ME was funded by MS and went multiplat, though it was sold to EA before that happened. But who's to say Nintendo won't sell bayonetta 2 off, but I guess bayonetta has nobody wanting it in their favor for being an exclusive.

I know they published it. Can you show me a link to a reliable source that says ME was funded by MS?

If you publish a game, you are also going to help with the funding somehow. You either pay for localization and publishing or you help with development costs as well. So since Microsoft published Mass Effect for the 360, they helped fund it. Proof by definition (I prefer proof by contradiction or proof by induction...more fun. Combinatorial proofs are really fun too)

And to me (at least), if Bayonetta 2 went multi-plat, that would be fine, but it probably wouldn't for a few years after it was released (see Mass Effect for instance). But that probably won't happen because the developers at Platinum seem to enjoy working with Nintendo a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them become second party or even get bought by Nintendo like Monolith and Retro.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#13Warmonger222Posted 2/9/2013 9:08:59 AM
Nobody that isnt a blind fanboy really expected Bayonetta 2 to go multiplat. I mean, the game is being published, funded, and I believe codeveloped by Nintendo. (but dont quote me on that last one)
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#14DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 9:10:13 AM
plasmatic5 posted...
megax11 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

If you publish a game, you are also going to help with the funding somehow. You either pay for localization and publishing or you help with development costs as well. So since Microsoft published Mass Effect for the 360, they helped fund it. Proof by definition (I prefer proof by contradiction or proof by induction...more fun. Combinatorial proofs are really fun too)

And to me (at least), if Bayonetta 2 went multi-plat, that would be fine, but it probably wouldn't for a few years after it was released (see Mass Effect for instance). But that probably won't happen because the developers at Platinum seem to enjoy working with Nintendo a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them become second party or even get bought by Nintendo like Monolith and Retro.

I think more then the Nintendo/platinum relationship is the lack of interest by third parties in the bayonetta series, I mean they were looking all over for funding and Nintendo of all people being the one that gave it to them is a sign that nobody really wanted it.
#1540DribylfPosted 2/9/2013 9:14:36 AM
Bioware owns all their IPs, so when EA bought Bioware, they bought their IPs . If MS did help fund ME1, then EA paid them back the money to get whatever rights they had. We can assume that they had a 5-year exclusive deal as a trade-off.

The only way Bayonetta 2 can be on other platforms is if Nintendo sells it off. Period.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#16F31LeopardPosted 2/9/2013 9:16:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17MelkacPosted 2/9/2013 9:17:31 AM
nasumi posted...
A company is really never going to say that "A updated, all DLC included version is coming out in 6 months". Also I really can't see Nintendo forking out more money to keep the game on their system and not having some timed exclusive deal. They might be funding it, but like people have stated in other threads it has happened to Sony and Microsoft.

Hideki said 'No'. A plain and simple 'No'. Unlike Ubisoft, who's been saying "Oh, um, a PS360 of Rayman Legends/ZombiU is a possibility".
And seriously, did you even read what he said? He said Nintendo's the one that will decide if they're porting the game or not. Platinum Games is a development company, not a publisher.

Ugh, how stupid can people get? Yes, Mass Effect ended up being released for the PS3...AFTER EA BOUGHT THE FRANCHISE. I haven't seen a single notable example of "an exclusive that was later released on other consoles". Unless that exclusive is 6+ years old...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#18DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 9:17:32 AM
40Dribylf posted...
Bioware owns all their IPs, so when EA bought Bioware, they bought their IPs . If MS did help fund ME1, then EA paid them back the money to get whatever rights they had. We can assume that they had a 5-year exclusive deal as a trade-off.

The only way Bayonetta 2 can be on other platforms is if Nintendo sells it off. Period.

Not true, there could be a dozen loopholes in the contract that would allow platinum games to put bayonetta 2 on another console.
#19DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 9:18:36 AM
Melkac posted...
Hideki said 'No'. A plain and simple 'No'. Unlike Ubisoft, who's been saying "Oh, um, a PS360 of Rayman Legends/ZombiU is a possibility".
And seriously, did you even read what he said? He said Nintendo's the one that will decide if they're porting the game or not. Platinum Games is a development company, not a publisher.

Ugh, how stupid can people get? Yes, Mass Effect ended up being released for the PS3...AFTER EA BOUGHT THE FRANCHISE. I haven't seen a single notable example of "an exclusive that was later released on other consoles". Unless that exclusive is 6+ years old...

FF13 and some game developed by rockstar I forget which one.
#20TheBonfiniPosted 2/9/2013 9:25:53 AM
TC constantly calls everyone broke fanboys. Don't worry about insults from anonymous strangers on the internet.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg