Nintendo is kind of like the Republican Party.

#1Mecha SonicPosted 2/9/2013 9:47:25 AM
They were really big and powerful for a while with the SNES (Ronald Reagan era), but then some new competition showed up and sent them packing into second place (Bill Clinton era). Then they came back super strong with the Wii (George W. Bush), but they overplayed their hand and alienated too many people, and now they're just fizzling. It's interesting how the rise and fall of Nintendo has MIRRORED the American politics.

Serious question: Where do you think Nintendo went wrong? Obviously, things were going their way back in the SNES days, but then they strayed from the path somewhere along the way. Was it the Wii? Was it the Gamecube?

Personally, I think it was the N64. That's where this whole trend started. People still look back on it fondly, but their decision to piss off Sony with the SNES-CD addon prompting them to enter the console race, and their decision to stick with cartridges over CDs which pissed off every other third party developer, is really where their current problems started.
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2366/rainbowsadbykawaiipiepi.jpg
#2Luigi4PresidentPosted 2/9/2013 9:51:27 AM
Nintendo is also kind of like milk. It has those cash cow moments, and it also has those stupid cheesey games every once in awhile.

Let's talk about how Nintendo is like milk.
---
If stupidity was music, you'd be an orchestra.
#3BroadwayGPUPosted 2/9/2013 9:52:04 AM
NINTENDO is my POWER and I am theirs!
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#4SS4_NamreppivPosted 2/9/2013 9:53:35 AM
Nintendo is also kind of like milk. It has those cash cow moments, and it also has those stupid cheesey games every once in awhile.

Let's talk about how Nintendo is like milk.

You just described Capcom perfectly.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#5VenomSymbiotePosted 2/9/2013 9:54:07 AM
Wait so, Nintendo cares more about money than human beings and would rather start wars and build large cache's of munitions instead of solving actual problems? Damn...
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#6ZatchBellPosted 2/9/2013 9:56:56 AM
The republican party is due for a comeback in 2014 and Nintendo was number 1 in the portable market and with the Wii. The Wii U has a year head start over sony and microsoft let's see what they do with it before you write anyone off. I do not like a lot of what I hear about the next sony and xbox system, I am glad I picked Nintendo this time around
---
Sega Fan for Life
#7darkjedilinkPosted 2/9/2013 9:57:04 AM
"Their decision to piss of Sony..."

Sony tried to screw Nintendo, dude.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8R0ckafellaPosted 2/9/2013 9:57:21 AM
I admit it. When I first met nintendo I was not quite sold. It seemed unattractive. It lacked intelligence and imagination. It was missing the spark you look for in a console. But then I look into nintendo's eyes, it reminded me of my sweet brother, Chio. For those who do not know, Chio is learning disabled and lives in group home.
#9jakestar0306Posted 2/9/2013 9:59:29 AM
You forgot the part where the Democratic Party (Obama/Sony) screwed everything up and people wish the Republican Party would make a comeback.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#10Mecha Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:01:14 AM
The republican party is due for a comeback in 2014 and Nintendo was number 1 in the portable market and with the Wii. The Wii U has a year head start over sony and microsoft let's see what they do with it before you write anyone off. I do not like a lot of what I hear about the next sony and xbox system, I am glad I picked Nintendo this time around

Yes, and the Dreamcast had a head start over the PS2 Gamecube and Xbox, and look how that turned out! I was a fan of Sega at the time and I really wanted them to succeed above everyone else too, and heck they actually had some pretty good games on the Dreamcast unlike the Wii U right now, but it just wasn't enough.
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2366/rainbowsadbykawaiipiepi.jpg