Honestly if you think the PS4 is going to be a powerhouse compared to the Wii U

#11R0ckafellaPosted 2/9/2013 11:38:16 AM
That's according to an unnamed Sony official, who told Japanese newspaper

Isn't it a little early for desperation mode?
#12tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/9/2013 11:38:52 AM
The leap this time isn't going to be nearly as dramatic for practical purposes as the leap last gen.

Last time we had greater than an order of magnitude horsepower increase along with the advent of programmable shaders and HD.

This time we have less than an order of magnitude horsepower increase, and diminishing returns.

It'll be a noticeable jump, but many people are going to be very disappointed and/or running MASSIVE damage control...
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#13GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:40:23 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
gameplay>graphics

and both systems will have awesome games

But only ps4 (/next xbox) will do something gameplay wise that ps3 can't and only ps4 (/next xbox) will get next gen multiplats.

So in short only reason to get a wiiU is first party games as it will have next to nothing worthwhile and be behind the other next gen consoles performance and feature wise.

lol no
but you are the 2nd most ignorant user on gamefaqs.
the tears you shed on the vita board has made you deranged.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Nice_Kirbyfan9 has admitted to being a sad pathetic troll
#14DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 11:41:26 AM
GoombaX posted...
lol no
but you are the 2nd most ignorant user on gamefaqs.
the tears you shed on the vita board has made you deranged.

Oh right pc too my bad, my point is just not wiiU.
#15trenkenPosted 2/9/2013 11:50:52 AM
GoombaX posted...
you would be foolish since sony reps have said they arnt going to focus on power so much this gen back when they first announced they were making the ps4.

And of course again they have said it
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps4-selling-point-new-play-options-not-specs-report-6403656?tag=Topslot;Today039sGamingNews;Ps4SellingPointNewPla

They dont have to focus on power for it to end up quite a bit more powerful than the U. The U is about on par with the PS3. Um, the PS3 is how many years old? You think after that many years they are just doing to release another PS3?

Nintendo couldnt invest much in power due to having a controller with a screen on it. The PS4 wont have that, so they can get it closer to modern gaming PCs, which the U is very far from, and still keep it pretty affordable. Maybe $50 more than the U.

I guarantee you the game on it will look very impressive and will be the very thing that makes people say, "Ok this is what I expected with the next gen of consoles". Bank on it.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#16Ryan SiPosted 2/9/2013 12:31:44 PM
RedOrion posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
Well seeing how the wii u is barely on par with 360 and ps3 it wouldn't take much effort for the ps4 to blow the wii u out of the water in graphics

That statement has been proven false bud.

You heard it here folks. Confirmed by random internet user "Murderstorm117," Nintendo's Wii U is not anywhere near the PS3 and 360 performance wise. The evidence presented is just overwhelming....
---
Currently Playing: Portal 2 (PC), DMC3 HD (PS3), Assassins Creed II (PC)
#17squatch22Posted 2/9/2013 12:33:36 PM
trenken posted...
GoombaX posted...
you would be foolish since sony reps have said they arnt going to focus on power so much this gen back when they first announced they were making the ps4.

And of course again they have said it
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps4-selling-point-new-play-options-not-specs-report-6403656?tag=Topslot;Today039sGamingNews;Ps4SellingPointNewPla

They dont have to focus on power for it to end up quite a bit more powerful than the U. The U is about on par with the PS3. Um, the PS3 is how many years old? You think after that many years they are just doing to release another PS3?

Nintendo couldnt invest much in power due to having a controller with a screen on it. The PS4 wont have that, so they can get it closer to modern gaming PCs, which the U is very far from, and still keep it pretty affordable. Maybe $50 more than the U.

I guarantee you the game on it will look very impressive and will be the very thing that makes people say, "Ok this is what I expected with the next gen of consoles". Bank on it.

Except, PS4 is rumoured to have a pad with a touch pad in it, AND be bundled with the PS-Eye...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#18xChaosLordxPosted 2/9/2013 12:34:51 PM
The PS3 is practically a powerhouse compared to the Wii-U, so I damn well know the PS4 will be.

I know you Wii-U fanboys are raging hard over the poor sales of the Wii-U at launch, and the sub-par specs for a new system.
#19GloryChaosPosted 2/9/2013 12:35:33 PM
Munch munch crunch gobble.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#20youngskillzPosted 2/9/2013 12:42:43 PM
GoombaX posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
Well seeing how the wii u is barely on par with 360 and ps3 it wouldn't take much effort for the ps4 to blow the wii u out of the water in graphics

lol it has been proven to be more powerful than the 360 and ps3 already by a few site such as digital foundry.
They are Sony fanboys btw and have said it is at least 1.5x stronger probably more but cant tell for sure since nintendo has custom hardware.
You trolls are hilarious.

troll calling a troll a troll.

oh the irony.

we'll see who's trolling when the ps4 and next xbox come out.

who's more powerful, who's getting multiplats, it surely won't be your precious U, mr king nintendrone

gtfo.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.