Honestly if you think the PS4 is going to be a powerhouse compared to the Wii U

#101R0ckafellaPosted 2/9/2013 4:13:04 PM
denizengear posted...
odcrl001 posted...
Fact is Wii U is not next gen and doesn't have any games (so far)

no the wii u is honestly next-gen, that fact is nintendo didn't set the bar very high.

Right on the money
#102GdboyratedloudPosted 2/9/2013 4:16:12 PM
R0ckafella posted...
denizengear posted...
odcrl001 posted...
Fact is Wii U is not next gen and doesn't have any games (so far)

no the wii u is honestly next-gen, that fact is nintendo didn't set the bar very high.

Right on the money

It really was well said..
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#103darkjedilinkPosted 2/9/2013 4:31:00 PM
truesaiyan309 posted...
Wii U looks like PS2 graphics.

This is either a lie, or an admission that you're blind.

Don't say that, "well better looking games will come out later." That is basically saying that it wasn't ready to come out yet.

So, since better-looking games came out a few months ago on the 360 than were available at its launch, are you saying the 360 and PS3 weren't ready to launch?

Better-looking games always come out post-launch. That has no bearing on whether or not the system was ready to launch.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#104ignautiusPosted 2/9/2013 4:38:42 PM
What that article doesn't say is that less emphasis on hardware by Sony is STILL going to produce a system with 3-4 times the horsepower of the Wii U.
#105maynotPosted 2/9/2013 4:42:49 PM
To me, this topic is moot. I don't really plan on buying either. Nintendo really failed to develop a good game list for the Wii. That burned up 20+ years of brand loyalty. The PS3 was high priced when released and there were still some very good releases on the PS2 (Ex: Mana Khemia). By the time I would have thought about buying it, I figured the PS3 would become obsolete and replaced a bit too quickly. Game systems get replaced way too quickly for the requested price. Plus very little to no backwards compatability.

Might as well stick with the PC and not have to fully upgrade/replace my system every 5-7 years. I have had my PC for at least 9-10 years and it still plays the newest games quite well. Plus the PC is nearly 100% compatable with most games going back 20 or more years with use of a few utility programs here or there.
---
I play lots of games. About 90% of them are played in my head.
#106Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 2/9/2013 4:50:15 PM
Hey yo! Everybody knows that PS4 is going to be way more powerful than Wii U. Wii U is just on PS3 levels now. Sony is coming back in black with the PS4 and unlike last time chicos, Nintendo didn't bring the thunder with this console.
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#107Blaze3244Posted 2/9/2013 4:56:08 PM
I'm going to buy all 3. I have all 3 of the current gen consoles. But Ps4 and 720 are hardware wise going to blow the wiiu out of the water. WiiU is getting games from the 360 and Ps3 now. Think before you post TC.
#108Robotron2084Posted 2/9/2013 5:08:53 PM
Oh it will be a powerhouse....but Sony will drop the ball with it.

They won't promote it properly. They will only use it to push their 4K TVs and after a few hundred firmware upgrades so many features will be removed it won't be worth owning.
I own three PS3s and only one Wii and I have learned never to buy a Sony product again.

They use to be hungry and have vision. They use to have great customer support. Ever since Stringer came on board they became too greedy and uncaring. From suing everybody for everything, rootkits, firmware updates that remove features (which they blame pirates for when the real truth is the PS3 linux cluster was killing IBM and their sales), and their incompetence with their online network (both security and pricing).

It's like the whole company lost everybody with talent and the idiots took over. Every decision is just poor. From "Home" to digital pricing and store updates it seems like hacks with no talent run everything and nobody communicates internally.

I may someday buy a WiiU but I doubt I will ever buy a Sony product again.
#109Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/9/2013 5:11:41 PM
maynot posted...

Might as well stick with the PC and not have to fully upgrade/replace my system every 5-7 years. I have had my PC for at least 9-10 years and it still plays the newest games quite well.

I like your sig. maynot - "I play lots of games. About 90% of them are played in my head". That explains a lot.
#110thisranksPosted 2/9/2013 5:29:18 PM
Here's what matters most to me. A number of 3rd party developers have already stated that certain games will not be on the WiiU. I'd be much more worried about that if i were a Nintendo fanboy then whether or not it'll be more powerful than the PS4.

You may or may not like Sony but the fact is they have a much better relationship with 3rd party developers. As someone who purchased a NES, SNES, N64, and GC i got to watch firsthand Nintendo's quality list of 3rd party games dwindle to a mere drop compared to the NES/SNES days.

The reasoning behind the change with PS4 was Sony finally admitted to themselves that giving developers a console dev kit and telling them "here it is ... you guys are smart enough to figure out the rest" wasn't so smart. They got away with it PS1/PS2 wise due to cheap development costs. Doubling the dev cost got them last place this gen and games that normally would have been localized weren't.

Sony learned. I don't think Nintendo did.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW