DiscostewSM posted...
xChaosLordx posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

1.24 GHz Tri-Core IBM PowerPC "Espresso"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Box_360

3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3

3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE & 6 SPEs

So, the 1.6Ghz 8-core CPUs in the next Xbox and PS4 must only be a smidgen more powerful than their predecessors then. Doesn't sound like powerhouse material to me.

8 Cores >>>> 3 cores

And like I said, only a smidgen more powerful than its predecessors if he was going by the Megahertz myth, which he likely was when putting those 3 consoles together. If not, then the Wii U's CPU isn't really that bad as people make it out to be.

I think the "trolls" are modifying the response. Since the next m$ and sony consoles have lower mhz over the current ones.

Guess no one has told them that games can only really utilized 2-3 cores in a CPU fully while additional cores don't get used much because there are only so many major tasks that can be split up. They can use more than 3, but the actual utilization of those additional cores is rather low. As it is, having so many cores only really benefit the multitasking of multiple programs together, not a single program.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#122maximumbarmagePosted 2/9/2013 6:56:16 PM
Multiple sources have already confirmed the PS4 specs take a big steamy dump on the sub-PS3 capabilities of the Wii U.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#123Z_ZawPosted 2/9/2013 7:09:17 PM
maximumbarmage posted...
Multiple sources have already confirmed the PS4 specs take a big steamy dump on the sub-PS3 capabilities of the Wii U.

Multiple sources say stuff about stuff, you have to take my word for it.
#124ElectricMolePosted 2/9/2013 7:12:04 PM
Wait, so this thread is saying Orbis will be:

A: On par with Wii U

or

B: Under par with Wii U

<_<

>_>

Do go on.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#125monkeyspoonPosted 2/10/2013 12:12:02 PM
Lol this should have happened ages ago

Board User Information
User Name GoombaX
User ID 6544657
Board User Level -1: Suspended
User's posting privileges have been suspended for one or more Terms of Service violations, pending review by an Administrator.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#126Sakura_RailgunPosted 2/10/2013 12:26:23 PM
Wait wait wait. People honestly think the Orbis/Durango won't be significantly more powerful than the Wii U? Are they crazy?

Yes, the Wii U is more powerful than the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Of course it is. But it isn't any where near as powerful as the Orbis or Durango. Let's be real guys.
#127Soggy13Posted 2/10/2013 1:14:09 PM
Sakura_Railgun posted...
Wait wait wait. People honestly think the Orbis/Durango won't be significantly more powerful than the Wii U? Are they crazy?

Yes, the Wii U is more powerful than the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Of course it is. But it isn't any where near as powerful as the Orbis or Durango. Let's be real guys.

No. Are you crazy? Making a significantly more powerful console demands a significantly higher price point. I highly doubt Sony wants to commit suicide after their fiasco last gen. Will the Wii U be the weakest? I have little doubt. Will the difference in power be comparable the Wii and PS360? I highly highly doubt it.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#128DemonDog666Posted 2/10/2013 1:28:34 PM
Soggy13 posted...
No. Are you crazy? Making a significantly more powerful console demands a significantly higher price point. I highly doubt Sony wants to commit suicide after their fiasco last gen. Will the Wii U be the weakest? I have little doubt. Will the difference in power be comparable the Wii and PS360? I highly highly doubt it.

Not when you cut out the 100 buck tablet controller lol. wiiU is on par with ps3 (give or take, more or less/ whatever) ps3 is 250 bucks to sell and probably closer to 200 to make, by the time ps4 comes out it will definitely be 200 to make, and lets say the ps4 is 400 bucks, that's double the price of ps3 which is significantly more but not that much more then wiiU only 50 really (and it will come with a bigger harddrive)
#129PSOLavisPosted 2/10/2013 1:35:44 PM
How can so many people misinterpret what has been said. Saying the PS4 is not going to be a powerhouse like the PS3 (respective to time) does not mean they are going to be using hardware one year better than the PS3 like the wii u. What they are saying is it is going to be strong (unlike the wii u), but having the most up to date console hardware is not going to be the main focus. Can't wait for the specs to be released and all the fanboys like you who want it to be a wii u rip off come up with your excuses. Like "uhh using last years technology is totally equivalant to using 6 year old technology".
#130Soggy13Posted 2/10/2013 1:43:49 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Soggy13 posted...

Not when you cut out the 100 buck tablet controller lol. wiiU is on par with ps3 (give or take, more or less/ whatever) ps3 is 250 bucks to sell and probably closer to 200 to make, by the time ps4 comes out it will definitely be 200 to make, and lets say the ps4 is 400 bucks, that's double the price of ps3 which is significantly more but not that much more then wiiU only 50 really (and it will come with a bigger harddrive)

If the rumors are true that the PS4 is coming this holiday season then there is no way it will cost the same amount to produce as the PS3. If it comes out next year this is possible. I would honestly prefer that I don't feel like the PS3 is a dead horse yet. I don't care which is the strongest. I am more concerned with third party support. I really can't afford all three consoles this gen.

As for the hard drive issue. It's not a deal since you can use a 3TB external on the WiiU and if the others don't support externals (which I doubt they won't) then it doesn't matter how big anyone's HDD is.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...