Honestly if you think the PS4 is going to be a powerhouse compared to the Wii U

#61STE573Posted 2/9/2013 2:05:49 PM
Giygasminion posted...
STE573 posted...
A powerhouse? No.

Stronger to a noticeable degree that will detract third party consumers from buying a Wii U version? Yes.

People need to realise that even if the PS4 is a bit more powerful, and the games only run 20% better people will buy that version. That magnifies greatly when you realise what we might be talking about in reality, with a noticeable gap in power, a similar price point for both hardware and software and mostly a noticeable gap in the performance of games, everyone is going to buy that, the best version available for consoles. Maybe to the point that third party lose interest all together.

So it's not about it being a powerhouse, it is about it being a more appealing platform to the masses. Which may happen.

You're really overestimating how sophisticated the general public's tastes are.

Well thats how I think, and how I think many other people would think, I mean look at Skyrim sales on PS3 compared to 360. You'd usually expect a Skyrim to sell about equal I think.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#62xChaosLordxPosted 2/9/2013 2:06:55 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
xChaosLordx posted...
None of the next gen systems will beat my current PC in performance/graphics, and I'd bet any amount of money on that.

I might even be using this same PC in the future to emulate Wii-U games. Yeah its that powerful.

Doubtful, Wii games struggle on some of the higher end setups.

Only if you turn the resolution much higher than was on a real Wii. Running the games at native resolution is pretty easy actually, and is even less demanding than emulating most PS2 games.

I might take some SCs of Xenoblade later and post them. They look far better than on a real Wii.
#63NightDrifter05Posted 2/9/2013 2:08:09 PM
Well, spec wise it may not be a powerhouse, but considering the Wii U still hasn't matched PS3/360 graphics it will definitely blow it out the water on the graphic aspect of it.
#64DiscostewSMPosted 2/9/2013 2:09:48 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
Well, spec wise it may not be a powerhouse, but considering the Wii U still hasn't matched PS3/360 graphics it will definitely blow it out the water on the graphic aspect of it.

Trine 2.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#65Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/9/2013 2:18:37 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
xChaosLordx posted...
None of the next gen systems will beat my current PC in performance/graphics, and I'd bet any amount of money on that.

I might even be using this same PC in the future to emulate Wii-U games. Yeah its that powerful.

Doubtful, Wii games struggle on some of the higher end setups.

Only if you turn the resolution much higher than was on a real Wii. Running the games at native resolution is pretty easy actually, and is even less demanding than emulating most PS2 games.

I might take some SCs of Xenoblade later and post them. They look far better than on a real Wii.

That is true, but that would really defeat the point of it. Changing the internal resolution is the best part of it :P
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#66denizengearPosted 2/9/2013 2:19:28 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
Put side to side at the walmart display, will the average person be able to tell a difference in graphics between Wii-U and PS4? Most likely. So the kid is gonna be like "Mom!! I want this one cause its got better graphics!"

How could you even see the display with the stacks of wii u they have piling up?
#67Paulf001Posted 2/9/2013 2:21:56 PM
It's not a powerhouse in that they didn't go crazy and put in a like a $1000 cpu and a $1000 gpu in their system. They went with amd and something mid ranged. But its a big improvement over PS3 at least now they will be able to run almost every game at 1080p @60 FPS. No more crappy low framerate games like DmC.
#68Pixx0Posted 2/9/2013 2:22:02 PM
GoombaX posted...

You trolls are hilarious.

trolls are as hilarious as butthurt fanboys (mind you I have a wiiu as well as a crap load of others gaming systems, portable home console, pc you name em).

PS4 will make the Wiiu a joke out of itself, even if both are released with outdated hardware (console always get outdated hardware, deal with it).
Compared to a decent PC, they're a joke, but again, that's not why people buy them. I enjoy exclusives myself and that's my reason. Others are free to have their own.

Again, seeing as PS3 and Xbox can barely run stuff at 720p with all the fancy effects a PC can pull out (and by this, I mean at a very decent price, so don't make me laugh with the $2000 PC excuse), a few upgrades, especially about Ram (which they seriously lacked this gen), a decent graphic card (again the serie 7 the PS3 is using is a joke , a gpu based on a gt 7800 from nvidia) and a capable cpu will do the trick.
Yet it won't be enough to pull out all the shiny stuff because hardware keeps being updated and devs usually make use of it.

For a next gen system, the Wiiu cannot (for now) display full 1080p graphics at a decent framerate. I suspect the real next gen systems will be able to do the job though.

Now if you don't mind, I'll just chuckle at this joke topic and fill my ignore list.

Trolls are sometimes funny...fanboys are simply annoying and stupid
#69monkeyspoonPosted 2/9/2013 2:32:23 PM
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
If this article is anything to go by the WiiU and next Xbox will get destroyed by the ps4. It's been confirmed by multiple sources.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-durango-vs-orbis

lol sony will be the first company to die
cry some more

Im not crying. Are you? You seem upset that the PS4 looks to be the most powerful console ever. Still hurting about 3rd party support dying on the WiiU?
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#70GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:35:43 PM
monkeyspoon posted...
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
If this article is anything to go by the WiiU and next Xbox will get destroyed by the ps4. It's been confirmed by multiple sources.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-durango-vs-orbis

lol sony will be the first company to die
cry some more

Im not crying. Are you? You seem upset that the PS4 looks to be the most powerful console ever. Still hurting about 3rd party support dying on the WiiU?

lol but it doesnt and the article says they arnt going for power so cry some more pony
lolololololol
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Nice_Kirbyfan9 has admitted to being a sad pathetic troll